• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Questions for Mothers of 4 or more-people wanting you to give them your newborn?

coquis224

Reaction score
I am pregnant with number 8... I was not thrilled when I found out initially but now that I've seen the baby via ultrasound I've grown attached to her...

It seems that so many people around me are volunteering themselves to adopt my child and I never said I was going to give her up... They tell me that I have enough kids that I could always have more or some story that they are fixed and want more etc... LIKE WTF? Just because I have alot of kids I should just give you mine? They assume I can't take care of them because they are so many?

Has anyone else had this issue?

:shock:
That is maddening.
How forward of people.
Are these random people, or those that claim to be close to you?
How bizarre. No, I've never had anything like that happen. I would be so completely offended and would honestly consider how much I value whoever the person that would 'offer' such a thing.
The only saving grace may be if they are a close family member or friend who you'd confided in that you were feeling overwhelmed...then 'maybe' I could see why someone would say that.
Really though, that's the kind of negativity I wouldn't want in my life.
I'm so sorry :hugs:

People get so heartless after you have several children it seems. After my first I started getting comments like "You know how that happens, right?" I'm sure I will hear worse ones with #3. I may just get snarky with them. Make them red in the face.

Sorry you have to deal with this. It's like people don't think you can love several children. Like you have children for selfish reasons or something.

That is absolutely disgusting! How dare they! This is number 6 for me. I don't think anyone would dare say that to me. Really very very rude of them.

I can't believe they would say something so rude and heartless! :hugs:

Tell them you and your partner have decided you want at least 10 kids. Let them buzz off with their awful comments. I cant imagine i wouldn't lose my beep beep if some body said that to me. So sorry you are going through that.

Thanks for your answers and yes these are people close to me... One is my babysitter who had to have her tubes tied after her 4th child due to health reasons. She keeps saying that my 2 yo is too much for me with a new baby that I should give her the new one! Especially that now I know she's a girl and I was hoping for a boy...

The other 2 people are friends of mine who are in no way capable of raising a child! They have no stability whatsoever and are childless which is probably a good thing.. It just irks me... Yes I was a little worried when I found out about this baby but I WOULD NEVER just give my baby up. I love her already and she's mine..

Sometimes I just want to move because everyone has something to say about how many kids I have... I take good care of them and they have their needs ( and plenty of their wants) met.

Thanks for your answers and yes these are people close to me... One is my babysitter who had to have her tubes tied after her 4th child due to health reasons. She keeps saying that my 2 yo is too much for me with a new baby that I should give her the new one! Especially that now I know she's a girl and I was hoping for a boy...

The other 2 people are friends of mine who are in no way capable of raising a child! They have no stability whatsoever and are childless which is probably a good thing.. It just irks me... Yes I was a little worried when I found out about this baby but I WOULD NEVER just give my baby up. I love her already and she's mine..

Sometimes I just want to move because everyone has something to say about how many kids I have... I take good care of them and they have their needs ( and plenty of their wants) met.

Try to put on some blinkers hun. Dont let them upset u anymore. Keep growing your little bean. :hugs:

Oh how sad, I think I may be inclined to find a new sitter :hugs:

I also make it a point to not ever take any parenting advice or pay any mind to the opinions of how I raise my children from those that don't actually have any of their own.

Same here.. Even those that do have kids and offer advice usually have the brattiest kids around... I'm really thinking of finding a new babysitter. She keeps texting me that her man would be so happy to have another child and that she will take good care of her and that way I can try for a boy SMDH... People these days. I want to move away

Same here.. Even those that do have kids and offer advice usually have the brattiest kids around... I'm really thinking of finding a new babysitter. She keeps texting me that her man would be so happy to have another child and that she will take good care of her and that way I can try for a boy SMDH... People these days. I want to move away

Have you texted her back “I would never ever give away one of my babies, please don’t suggest it again.” ?

That is very polite. Then if she does it again, you can get more assertive or just fire her.

This actually really creepy and pushy. I would definitely be finding another sitter.

I would definately find another sitter, this one seems like the kind that may try to run off with your baby.

I can't believe anyone would even suggest that! Why would they presume?! Your sitter seems very odd!

To be honest if she's going on and on about it, I would take her texts to police. This is getting serious and really really weird. She may do something worse. I'd cut all contact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->