Questions on blood tracking process

Babbie83

Reaction score
I just started doing blood tracking this month at a fertility clinic. And it is very confusing to me. At the beginning, they called me in to do a few blood test in a few days gap. Last Monday, I have a feeling that I was ovulating but after the blood test on Monday, they asked me to go for another blood test and scan on Friday. I felt that there is big gap of time in between, but we just followed their instructions and waited. When I did the scan on Friday, the nurse went "seems like you have ovulated already". I was in shock and asked whether I'm actually supposed to wait for the result before my husband and I intercourse. She asked me to just wait for the blood test and see what they said. Blood test results came in at noon and informed me that I have not ovulated and said that I might be ovulating during the weekends. They asked us to have intercourse on Friday until Sunday and go for another blood test and scan on Monday.
On Monday, I went for the test and scan and the nurse again told me that I have ovulated already. They called me to have another blood test on Friday.
On Friday after the blood test, the nurse called me said that if my period hasn't come on the 10th day from that day, I'll need to go to their clinic to do a pregnancy test. I asked whether the test this morning was supposed to tell me whether I am pregnant or not. And she said that it was only to test on my ovulation. I told her that I was in shocked when the nurse told me that I have ovulated already last Friday because my husband and I did not do anything at all but waited. She replied saying that they are only doing us a service. And it is not always accurate. In fact, most women who did blood tracking wouldn't fall pregnant. She said that I most probably will have my period in ten days time and in my next appointment with our doctor, he'll tell us the results.
Er... so... what is the point of doing blood tracking???? Isn't it supposed to at least assist in trying to conceive? I am so confuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->