Questions to ask on hospital tour tomorrow?

Tigerlily01

Reaction score
I'm taking a tour of the local "natural friendly" hospital tomorrow evening, and I'm totally blanking on what questions to ask! I'm hoping for a hypno-birth (possibly a water birth) with the midwives.

I do know their c-section rate is 16% overall (which is pretty low for the US), and I think it is even lower with the midwives (11% maybe?), but I want to confirm that.

I also want to know how many water births they can accommodate at once, what the IV & monitoring policies are (or if it is specific to the provider rather than the hospital), confirm that I will be allowed to deliver in any position I want as long as there are no complications, I want to know the availability of things like birthing balls/stools, squat bars, etc or if I have to bring my own stuff...

What else? I had a mental list of about 9000 things I wanted to know, but now that I'm about to go on the tour, I'm totally blanking on all of them!

You have plenty of time yet til the actual delivery so i would start making a list so you can ask them in future? Will that hospital be doing your ante natal care? Just ask as you go along... but i think you pretty.much covered the basics...
You can ask about whether they allow a physiological 3rd stage? Delayed cord clamping?

I guess I should also ask if I can eat/drink during labor and where LO would be transferred if anything happens, since it is a lower risk hospital.

That's true, I can ask in the future, but this is a good chance to ask about 'hospital' policies (vs. provider policies), since my provider's office is outside the hospital.

Good ideas, thanks!

Edit: oh, and the reason I'm asking, is I'm trying to decide between 2 different hospitals...and the midwives/OBs would be different depending on which hospital I choose, so if I want this hospital, I'll be switching to a different clinic for my maternity care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->