Questions to ask the docs

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by kat08, Oct 5, 2008.

1. kat08

kat08 Well-Known Member

Hey Guys

I am off to the docs tomorrow and was wondering what qns would be good to ask:-

Came off BCP early June 47 day cycle first month and currently on CD 63 of 2nd cycle. On this cycle I have had lots of cramping on and off from CD30 ish so assumed :witch: was coming but still not here.

I am worried I will get fobbed off with - "leave it for a few more mths" but other women in my family have had various issues with things like endometriosis so I don't want to leave it and then find out I have to wait for tests etc etc..

So I was wondering if anyone is in a similar position and has visited the docs? What questions did you ask and are there certain tests I could ask for?

2. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

I'm off to the Dr tomorrow but we have been TTC for 11 months this month, I'm going to be asking for a basic fertility work up, check that I O (cd21 bloods .. also CD3 bloods for LH FSH ratio) and hopefully something to check there is nothing wrong with my tubes Although I think that may come later? Not sure
    Also get the details on DF's SA and what that will involve (I think if I have all the details convincing him might be easier!!)
    I have already had basic bloods done for HIV, Hep B, Syph etc (for immigration paperwork)

I'll let you know how it goes after tomorrow and whether I asked the right questions!

3. kat08

kat08 Well-Known Member

That sounds good I have only been TTC for 4 mths but I am worried that something might be wrong because of all cramping and no :witch: we will have to update everyone tomorrow!

4. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed for you, may be just ask the Dr if he thinks its normal?
    I would think they may want your cycle to balance out but may have some ideas to help that?