Questions!!!

jennijunni

Reaction score
First I want to say, I have missed you gals!! Sorry I have been gone, lots going on, and sometimes I get sad posting here, and seeing all these new mamas, with their losses, so I take small breaks. But I truely missed you all, and am glad to be back!

So for those who dont know me, I am Jenn, mama to 6, angel mommy to 3. I had my first second trimester in June, a boy, at 17 weeks. We waited out 2 cycles, and got pregnant 2nd cycle, great pregnany, all was well, baby nice, strong, healthy, one day around 15 weeks had some brown discharge, went right to hospital, and they told me the baby had died. I had a D&E with both, with my first loss, I delivered our son, and then had to have a D&E to remove the placenta, with the second, our daughter, I opted for a D&E right away, because with the first, I almost bled to death, so I did not want to go through that again.

So I had my D&E on November 14, we opted this time to have some bloodwork done, since this was my second 2nd trimester loss in a row. We had anti thyroid, antiphosolipid, anticardiolipin, Sed rate, Lupus, Pt/PTT, all was perfectly NORMAL!!! So I am in a quandry, I was hoping they could find something, at least then I would feel like I had a bit of control, KWIM?? But in the same sense I am happy all is well. I have no problem carrying a baby, I have had 4 bio children. So we have opted this time to start progesterone from day one of BFP, and baby asprin, we are hoping that this will prevent this from happening again.

I am on CD6, I started my first PPAF exactly 5 weeks to the day, which happened last time, that is nice that my body can heal itself, and get back on track quickly. So we of course want to try again. We just cant decide if we are going to wait the 2 cycles, what do you guys think? Should we just go for it?? LOL!! I am hopeful that this time will be a success. I mean, I have to be optimistic. So my questions, anyone have more than one 2nd tri loss back to back, find nothing wrong, and go on to have a successful pregnancy? if so what did they do?? Were you high risk (UGH!) I know I will be, but dont want to be. ANd thirdly, any success stories about asprin and progesterone, and the most important, would you wait??? I am never indecisive, but I cant help it, I really feel at a loss. Thanks ladies!!

Sorry Jenny! I don't have any answers to your questions. We got no answers either all tests normal. We have just had one loss so far (one too many though!)

I guess all I can think of to say is, you waited your advised two cycles last time and sadly baby passed away. if it was me, and my body and mind were ready, I would probably just jump in and try again. I'm no doctor though! Xx

Hi Jenni!

Right, I can certainly tell you what I know about a few elements. I have been told to wait at least 3 months from the loss to give my body a chance to recover - this was by my consultant at my follow up. I can certainly say my cycles since my loss have been more regular and 'cleaner' than they have been in years. It's almost like I've been reset since the D&E back to a new state, and I want my uterus lining to rebuild for a few cycles to get it to optimum health.

As for asprin - I have also been told to wait until I actually get a BFP and then start taking the 75mg of asprin every day right through. Apparently it's a bit of a wonder drug for helping prevent m/c, but can interfere with conception if taken before you actually try, so it's best not to start it until you are actually pregnant. I don't know anything about progesterone though, but I always thought that was more to do with the early m/c.

That's what I've been advised anyway, I know it will be different for individuals. Hope this helps, and welcome back!:hugs::hugs:

I wont take the asprin before, only after my BFP. I am only using progesteron, even though we dont think it is a factor, because it doesn't hurt, but can help, KWIM?? So we are just covering our bases, KWIM? I dont know if I am going to wait another cycle or not. I mean woman get pregnant right away after having a baby and having a csection, and I am justifying it in my mind as such!!!! LOL!!!

Hi Jenni. As you'll be able to see from my tickers, I've recently got a BFP and its almost 3 months since I lost my baby (that was my first loss though, so not quite the same situation as you). My consultant gave us the all clear to try again back in November, 2 months after our loss, as there was no conclusive reason found for our baby's death. So we decided to try again straight away - and now OH thinks he has super swimmers since it worked in our first month, just like it did last time!

I'm still awaiting blood test results about possible clotting disorders (just a standard test done as a precaution) but even if it comes back fine, I've been told to take baby aspirin from when I have my dating scan at around 8 weeks.

I'm sorry I haven't specifically got answers to your questions but wanted to share what I know :hugs:

Hi Jenni. As you'll be able to see from my tickers, I've recently got a BFP and its almost 3 months since I lost my baby (that was my first loss though, so not quite the same situation as you). My consultant gave us the all clear to try again back in November, 2 months after our loss, as there was no conclusive reason found for our baby's death. So we decided to try again straight away - and now OH thinks he has super swimmers since it worked in our first month, just like it did last time!

I'm still awaiting blood test results about possible clotting disorders (just a standard test done as a precaution) but even if it comes back fine, I've been told to take baby aspirin from when I have my dating scan at around 8 weeks.

I'm sorry I haven't specifically got answers to your questions but wanted to share what I know :hugs:

We have caught the egg 3 times on the first try, so we are hoping that is going to help this time as well!! Congrats to you!!!

Hi Jenni!!! I'm sorry I have no answers, but didn't wanna read and run...

I think it is strictly a personal decision..?.. Think we all would have different opinions for ya dear.... But I'll give ya mine....

I decided to wait... I needed to wait a bit for physical reasons ( I have IC) but mainly I waited cuz of mental and emotional.... I waited abt 6 months but that was a strictly personal decision my doctor told me to at least wait 3 months for all the proper healing to give our rainbow the best shot possible but he told me to give myself time to heal emotionally and I'm so glad I did... But everyone of us is different in totally different situations... : )). In your case, you sound great and ready to roll tho!!! Yay!! : )

I lost Ava at 20 weeks. I gave birth to her in my home. I have 3 boys 20,17 and 11 and I never dreamed I would ever loss a child. They think Ava had Trisomy 18 , but her cells didn't grow so we wont ever really know why she died. Also I was 40 when I had her so I don't know if that played a role. If I do get pregnant again I will be high risk and watched very carefully. I think when you have a 2nd trimester loss regardless of your age your considered high risk and have to be watched. I was told I could start right away to try, but for me it was to emotional. Only now am I thinking of starting in February and I don't have a lot of time, I will be 42 in June. I wish you all the best..XOXOX:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi JJ, sorry I can't really offer any advice as I'm currently 15 weeks into 2nd tri and waiting to see if a loss occurs again (we too didn't get a reason!!) which makes it even more frustrating.

I've heard that baby asperin is very good at helping to prevent m/c but I'm not entirely sure what and why it is given (like what disorder).

I couldn't wait to start trying again and caught about 3 months after my loss. Go for it :)

Hi Jenn, my personal opinion is that if there is no medical reason why you shouldnt and you feel emotionally up to it then hell yes lady get to :sex:
It sounds to me like you are almost convinced thats what you want to do. I think the docs like to know that you a waited a certain time so they can date the pregnancy & probably emotional well being too. There is also the physical healing. A friend of mine lost her baby somewhere between 9-12 week (she found out at the scan there was no HB) and she was told to wait 3 months to try again. I am not sure if they tell you to wait to try for 3 cycles if it wasnt an early loss - but I have no idea as I am so new to all this crap! I am yet to find out why I lost my baby at 19 weeks (my first pregnancy) and hope they have answers for us at our appointment. I also hope they dont suggest us waiting 3 months as I cant bloody wait that long! It look us about 10 months to conceive our little angel. I just want AF so we have got a date so we can start to try again.

I too would like to know about what conditions mean you might need to take the baby aspirin & progesterone. I want to have a bit of knowledge of these things incase they turn out to be the reason for my loss, so then I can bombard the consultant with questions about the next pregnancy.

Good luck with what you decide.xx:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->