• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Quick Hello & Questions..

katie_bump

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,
Got a 2 month old little boy called Kaidon. Things have been off and on with the FOB for a while, all through out my pregnancy and has just ended literally with in the last few days. Gota be honest.. im GUTTED but it was his choice. His reason for ended was that im putting my dad and friends before him ( im not though.. havnt seen my dad in a year so going down to see him and FOB says im not allowed.. same to seeing friends - bit of a control freak tbh )

Anyways.. Hes talking about going to court to get access to LO, just wondered what they would give him.. if anything.. Hes not on birth certificate, been in babys life on and off but probly been there for 2 weeks in total.. Any ideas would be helpful

Thanks xxx

Hiya hun,

Big hugs xx

Dont quote me but i dont think he would get any access as he isnt on the BC.....Think he would need to prove he is the dad ie DNA.......Hopefully someone who knows more will come along.

X

i agree wit aidedhoney..
i read befor if your no on the bc..
1st he wil have to go to court for a dna test which is money
then you can say you dont want him to see l.o and if they give him access you can sy u dont want him to be wit l.o alone..which is court again and money
i heard the process is long and expensive

Court is a scare tactic I think

Your LO is only 2 months old wouldnt get much access at such a young age for a start.
Could FOB afford the costs of court proceedings?
He would have to apply to the courts and get an article 8 order to get parental responsibility seeing as he isnt on the birth certificate and even then they dont hand it out willy nilly and you can hold it off if you wish to do so. then he'd have to apply for access etc but it takes so long etc and you can always hold it up as linzi said. Dont want him alone with LO. Dont want unsupervised access. Dont want him in your home then its contact centres..contact centre is too inconvienent for you with LO at such a young age for feeding and naps etc and too far away which means you would be expected to go less things like that. Just remember its all done in the best interests of the child :hugs: so routine, bedtimes, unsettled in new places, mealtimes, travelling with LO, pram, changing stuff bottles etc all has to be taken into account. Whether there's any benefit to it all for your LO.

If he is not on the BC he has no rights so therefore cannot see lo, he would hsve to prove paternity first, which can be a very long process (dont quote me on that)

Even if he did get some access, im pretty sure it would only be a few hours every two weeks or so....

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"