Quick Labours and RTL? And another question

Pink Flowers

Reaction score
I was asking about RTL on my fb earlier and a friend said if your first labour was less that 3 hours not to have it?

My labour with DS1 was 2 hours 30 minutes from not being dilated to him being in my arms.

Also...

Ladies who have been induced and had a quick labour due to being induced when you had your second or more if you went into labour naturally was it quicker or longer?

I am just worrying myself silly at the moment that this baby is just going to appear. :blush:

My sil had a fast 1st induced labour and her second natural was 3 hours from waters breaking suddenly to babe

I would just have a bag ready early and start the trip to hospital as soon as contractions get any kind of timing to them.

Yes I've heard it said that you shouldn't have RLT I you had a quick labour. 2.5 hours beginning to end is very quick! Also second labours are supposed to be quicker in general, but not always. I guess if you were induced the first time there's no real way of knowing but I would be prepared for a quick labour just in case!

Im also afraid of sneezing and it being over with :)
Like you I was induced last time so its like a first time all over again.
Iv really got to get my bag sorted though as im convinced hes coming early this time.

How come you think he will come early?

I had a dream that baby came early, but then I have the same feeling I did with Oliver that he won't be coming by himself. Hopefully I can encourage him out when the time comes :haha:

Yeah its true, they say not to take RLT if your previous labour was less than 3 hours.

My first was an induction.... 6 hours, my second was natural and she was 5 hours so slightly quicker x

How come you think he will come early?

I had a dream that baby came early, but then I have the same feeling I did with Oliver that he won't be coming by himself. Hopefully I can encourage him out when the time comes :haha:
No idea really, just a feeling I have.

My last labour was 4 or 5 hours, I'll be drinking it again, just in case this baby is thinking about arriving slowly! I'll only have a cup or so a day, which is what I did last time. And I'll be rushing to the hospital at the first sign of labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->