Quick nappy question

Rach276

Reaction score
I want to buy some of these before bubas born so were stocked up. Dont want tot buy to many. Is the any point buying them in newborn size 1? Because newborn size 2 is so close in size. How many will they get through roughly before they go next size up? and what is the next size up?
Utterly clueless:(

Glad someone else is as clueless as me. Will keep checking back for replies.

i'll join in...i'm clueless too x

indianorchi, just read your post about not ever having changed or bathed a baby
Im the same! I told OH and he just laughed because he thought i was joking. Im really scared because i really am clueless but im sure a lot of its instinct

Size 2 nappies will drown a newborn IMHO....unless they weigh over about 10lbs. They'll gape and leak and cover way over the umbilicus which needs to be kept clean, dry and have access to air to dry out.

Lauren and Abi were both between 6-7lbs and the preemie nappies fitted an absolute treat:happydance:. Toby was nearly 8lbs and size 1's seemed a bit big at first....size 2's would have been useless.

I'd get a couple of packs of size 1's and a pack of size 2's as back up....that's my opinion anyway:hugs::hug:

think most size 1 are upto 11lbs so worth gettin some of them :) size 2 is about 6 - 11lbs

Im the same! I told OH and he just laughed because he thought i was joking. Im really scared because i really am clueless but im sure a lot of its instinct

Guess that makes 3 of us.

I've been given advice to get 2 packs of size 1, and 2 packs of size 2 to start with - and that's what I've done!!

i think i stocked up on sizes 1 and 2's and 3's, also i had a pack of micro prem. nappies just it case, though maddi was over 9lb! it might be worth getting in a few different brands to see what you prefer, rather than stocking up on one brand and then you might not like it. we tried - pampers, huggies, sainsburys, asda and boots - use pampers all the time and like the asda angels and boots ones, didn't get on with huggies or sainsburys x

Thats a great idea, hadnt thought of that! thanks Princess_bump

Id just buy a couple of size 1 packs, if you need more, you can get them at the time (everyshop sells them as well as the supermarkets).
My kids went into the size 2 nappies from about 1-1 1/2 months.
And dont worry about the bathing and changing, the midwife will talk you through the first bath plus its amazing how much comes to us naturaly.

And dont worry about the bathing and changing, the midwife will talk you through the first bath plus its amazing how much comes to us naturaly.

Thanks! diddnt know they did this ethier!

Whoops....we have been using all the freebie vouchers to stock up when the supeermarkets do cheap deals, we have loads of size 2, and few size 3 and huggies, and a few pampers, we have also bought a few packs of papmers.....

Knowing our luck now bab's won't get on with huggies...oh well there is always EBay I suppose !!!!

I've got 3 packs of Newborn (27 in a pack) & 2 packs of Newborn Size 2 (27 in a pack)

That's enough imo.

:)

My baby was 7lb8oz at birth and is still in the newborn size1's nearly 2weeks later and they are still slighty big although they fit better now than last week! Its definitely worth getting a few packs of size1 and also size2 even if the sizes do overlap!

ive bought two packs and been given 2 packs, oh and got a pack free lol, all size 1, i havent bought any size 2 yet cos i doubt shes gna be more than 11lbs and i am planning on using reusables anyway, just got disposables for like the first few weeks when shes tiny

xxx

I've got 2 packs of both size 1 and 2!! It'll be enough till we get to the shops!!

I really hope this instinct thing is true because I'm completely clueless! This site's been amazing though I'm so glad I found it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->