Quick question for anyone with a newborn or very young baby..

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by babyno9, Jan 23, 2011.

1. babyno9

babyno9 Living in a madhouse!

Please just have a look for me, when your newborn breaths does their chest go in out just under their ribs? Thanks.

2. Windmills

Windmills Well-Known Member

Daisy isn't newborn, but if you're worrying about bronchioloitis, get it checked. It's rife just now, and better safe than sorry!

3. KittyVentura

KittyVentura Autism Mum

Fin has a chest recession (his chest sinks in a dip in the middle when he breathes in). It can means they are having some difficulty breathing and are having to use extra muscles to breathe or it can just be the shape of their chest (Pes Excavaxum). Fin's in a mild form of the latter. Best to get it checked out to be safe. I'd suggest taking LO to a walk in clinic today xx

4. charlotte-xo

charlotte-xo Alfie and Darcey's mummy

like a pp said if your worried about broncholitis then please go and get your LO checked.
    normally babies "tugg" their chest in when their having some difficulty breathing, as kittyventura said this is due to them having to use extra muscles to aid their breathing.
    oh and to add broncholitis is common between november-february. symptoms are tugigng chest in, sturggling to take bottle (babies can only breathe through their nose so struggle to take their bottle or breast, persistant tiredness.

<3

5. babyno9

Thanks. He seems ok now, he was doing it when he was breathing fast, you know like the newborn fast breathing/panting they do? Now he is asleep he has stopped doing it. I worry over everything even though its my 9th baby! lol

6. charlotte-xo

charlotte-xo Alfie and Darcey's mummy

aw dont worry hun, alfie used to do that when he was tiny. if your worried though call nhs direct up. the reason i mentioned broncholitis is because alfie had it about 1 month ago and he tugged his chest into breathe i didnt mean to scare you or anything hun :hugs:

<3

7. babyno9

No thats ok, i was already worried! lol I'm a born worrier and getting worse as i get older. lol thanks. x