quick question regarding chemothereapy??

maka888

Reaction score
when you are pregnant, is it safe to go near a person who is currently undergoing chemo?

chemo is a drug..... (correct me if im wrong)
i dont think it will effect you in anyway

Hi,

Sorry I don't have a proper answer for you.

I do know there are different strengths of chemotherapy though.

Although chemo is injected, something in my brain says it's still a radioactive isotope.

Going to take a bit more research I think.

ok so i was reading up on it only way that a cancer treatment would be bad for you is if they had some sort of radioactive implant and if that is the case they would be on strict instructions who they cant visit ect. so its completly fine

Hmm ok chemotherapy is a vague word when you're looking for specifics... it's a generic term defined as treatment of cancer with anti cancer drugs.

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/chemotherapy

I would personally ask the person to check with their doc if the treatment they're having will be something to consider

x

I think there may be a bit of confusion between chemo and radiotherapy. Can understand why radiotherapy might be dangerous - anyone undergoing this would have been told who to avoid contact with.

Hey there, I think that Chemo is safe but I know that you can't go near someone who has had a radioactive isotope treatment for a thyroid problem.

Good luck :hugs:

When my dad went for pep scans and stuff when he had cancer we were told to stay away for a few days, especially my little girl as he was giving off radiation. I'm not sure about chemo as he passed away before he could have it.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"