quick question regarding co sleeping...

veganmum2be

1 Son two angels.
Reaction score
just a quickie :)

i was wondering,
for those that co sleep, do you still have a cot and use it sometimes?

thing is, i want to co sleep, but not sure if people who co sleep still need cots for naps or something.

i was actualy planning on co sleeping until old enough for a toddler bed, so not even owning a cot

can this be done?

reason in asking is, my mum has just offered to buy the cot, but i dont really want one, if it is possible to co sleep all the time, is that good and healthy for baby if we did?

thanks.
xx

It can be done, my last one didnt use a cot at all ( I had one but never used it). Theo sometimes sleeps in his cot now hes too big for a basket/crib, though if I didnt have it set up then I wouldnt miss it, hed just sleep on our bed or whatever. My cot is a cot bed though so I bought it with the intention of him having it as a bed until he is big enough for a high sleeper. Perfectly possible if thats what you want though.

thankyou :flower:

see i live in a tiny 1 bed flat, and was planning on staying here for at least the first 6 months, i would of bought a cot bed to just have 'just in case' and for use as a bed later, but there is just no room, so it would mean having a cot, and then buying a toddler bed when we move out...when i planned to co sleep most of the time anyway, so seemed like a waste.
and if people can manage totaly without one, then i feel happy about it.

thanks anyway :D xx

Yep can be done. Hayden we didn't set up a crib until 7mo old, we tried it for naps a few times cause he was crawling then, didn't work and he never used it, we took it back down. He went into his toddler bed at 12mo old

we co slept alot at the beginning but eventually River was happier in her cot.

I would say get a cot just incase as all babies have different personality's and your LO may be very happy and content in a cot

Yes i'm pretty sure it can be done, i do put caden in a cot when i put his bother and sisters to bed and then he comes in with me during the night but i do it this way so i can get a bit done while he sleeps although haven't really been achieving much at the moment as for a few weeks he wouldn't go in the cot awake so i had to get him to sleep first which would take a couple of hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->