Quick response needed-progesterone test timing?

Tigerlily01

Reaction score
I'm supposed to get a progesterone test done this month, since I have a very short (6 day) luteal phase. It's supposed to be done 7DPO, but since that is CD1 of the next cycle for me, I was told to aim for 5-6DPO.

Here's the problem:
I don't think I ovulated this month. My cycles are irregular (23-36 days), so I use opks twice a day, and never got anything even remotely like a positive this cycle (I use CB digitals in the morning, and Wondfos in the evening). I started spotting yesterday, which clued me in that AF was imminent, so I made an appointment to get blood drawn on Monday...but I saw red blood just now, enough so I'm worried tomorrow will be CD1. So is it useless to get blood drawn for this test? Was it useless anyway, since I'm almost positive I didn't ovulate?

I guess my question is, is it useful to have them confirm that I didn't ovulate, so that I can get someone to pay attention to the fact that I have a short luteal phase, and occasionally don't ovulate? And if it is useful, did I miss my chance for them to confirm that, if tomorrow is CD1 of my next cycle?

I'd call and ask, but it takes 24 hours to get a call back from a doctor (my appointment is just with a lab tech), and by then it will be too late.

I think it's so bizarre that your providers won't acknowledge how short your LP is :confused: . I would probably give them a ring tomorrow and not hide the agitation that I can't have the 7DPO test done b/c my freaking period got me before I could barely make it out of, what, 6DPO? :growlmad: I would change docs in a NY minute if I could in this kind of situation for the simple fact that they were not taking my concerns seriously. Are you doing anything to work on increasing your LP? I would reschedule the test I think and try again in the new cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->