Quiet days with movement

Talia12

Reaction score
I'm 21+3 and I've hardly felt baby move today. There have been a few kicks here and there but nothing like it has been. Should I be worried? I hate this, feel like all I've done all day is lie down/eat sugary things hoping to feel some proper movement get going. Everything is so worrying and I get so anxious :nope: Is it ok for baby to have quiet days? I haven't got anterior placenta or anything, and lately she's been kicking up a storm most days.

My baby has more active days than others. I try not to worry! It depends on what's been going on that day for me as to whether he moves a lot or not.

I'm coming up 20 weeks and in the same boat as you. I don't feel very much at all and I don't have an anterior placenta either. But, because I fell pregnant 6 months post-delivery then I'm more likely to feel less movement and more back and ligament pain. Add GD on top of NOT feeling a lot of movement from DD and you can imagine what is going on though my mind. :cry: But I am feeling SOME movement and we have heard a strong heartbeat so there is medically speaking, no reason for me to worry. Still, as you pointed out, it's hard to not worry.

I think as a whole, growing babies have quiet and active days. It's hard when you get used to something and then it stops. I can relate exactly how you feel. But just remember, as she gets bigger there will be more pronounced movements so in the meantime, try not to worry.

Happens to me too 20+4 from what I've heard it's normal and movement will get more frequent and stronger in time. I think they get turned around and kick and punch at your back for a while. I can feel him shifting, some days he's on my left and others on my right, slight swishing feelings

If you know your baby has started forming a routine and it has changed, you should always contact your midwife / EPU / EPU . Yes they may say but you're only so and so weeks pregnant, but it's your baby and your body . Nobody knows it better than you. :hugs:

At this stage baby is small enough that he/she may have shifted position and is merrily kicking away towards the back where you can't feel it so much. Always contact your midwife if concerned though.

I recently got a horrible stomach bug and spend 12 hours throwing up and 24 unable to eat. She was quite quiet the following day but back to normal now..

Enjoy it now! Because soon baby will be so big that every movement is painful!!! I hope you never have to experience the pain of having a foot stuck in your ribs! 😑 ugh

I think they don't worry about it at this stage as they're so small they could easily have shifted into a position where we don't feel their kicks so much. But no harm in contacting your midwife to ease your mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->