Quite hurt now :/

Kimmer

Mummy to a beautiful baby
Reaction score
Bit off topic.

My mum came over earlier (doesn't know were TTC or even thinking about it) and we were talking about the problems were having with our landlady.

When she came out with "you're not thinking about getting pregnant so you can get a council house are you?"

I of course said no, but now I think when I do get pregnant and we tell her, she's gonna think that's why :(

Were not planning on even moving out of this flat till I'm about 8 months gone, and even then we won't be getting a council place.

That upset me :(

chin up hun ,you know what mothers are like they don't like their little girls to grow up.... they loose control when we become mothers ourselves...

Just remember you are a big girl now and are ready for your own family don't let anyone take away that excitment of planning to have a baby and working out what your gonna do ! and so what if you get a council place you deserve it as much as anyone else x

lol typical middle class mum. sounds like mine, just ignore her I am sure she doesn't mean to be nasty. When I told my Mum we were tc she made some comment about me not knowing how to change nappies, which a) I do because I used to change my sister's and b) wtf does that have to do with being a good Mum? Everyone has to learn.

I agree with lissaloo, don't let her suck the fun out of this. I told my Mum we were ttc so when I announce my BFP she doesn't say something insensitive and ruin it! xxx

I'm sure your mum will be fine when you are actually pregnant. My mum was a bit funny when we were TTC, then when I fell pregnant she got all excited. She's often like that. I remember when me and my husband got engaged, we planned to have a 19 month engagement and my mum kept saying "why are you thinking about it now, 19 months is ages away". But as soon as she came dress hunting with me, she changed her tune. I think the other girls are right, they don't like to think of losing their little girls. I'm pretty sure that's how my mum felt, although she'd never admit it xxx

:hugs:Try not to take it too personally. Sometimes mothers don't always think before they come out with things and they seem to have this real knack of being insensitive*.

Anyways, it isn't always possible to keep parents/in laws happy and to get their approval of everything (weddings are a prime example of this!). This just takes some getting used to.

*I was talking to mine earlier and asking her how much childminders are these days (she used to be one many many moons ago) and she came out with "Have you thought about what you are going to do if you can't have children, 1 in 8 couples have trouble you know"

Yes, well, thanks! We haven't even started trying yet and she's already thinking the worst!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->