Race For Life...

TTCSept 12

Mother of Ebony Jade
Reaction score
I'm currently due to do the race for life this year, I will be 34+4 at that time, I don't really do any exercise due to back pains and generally a bit lazy, the distance is 5k,

Basically I am just wondering what are my chances of going into labour from this? Or is it safe to say the baby is tucked up nice and she will come out when shes ready?

Date ive had no problema during pregnancy bar back pains, so im hoping I will be okay,

Not sure if anyone can actually answer or if its one of those situations where its a case of 'everyones bodies are different so dont know until it happens' sort of thing...

Any thoughts or information would be brilliant and thank you in advance! X

I would say if you have concerns- just talk to your OB. I worked out all through my pregancy- up to the week I gave birth. But, I had to watch what I did as I had placenta previa- so no jogging or anything too intense or jumping around-- but if you have a healthy pregnancy, and no issues... you should be just fine.

I would advise, since you haven't been training, it could be a bit much-- so I'd honestly suggest walking it. I did a 5K post-baby and jogged/walked and that was tough enough! LOL. But yes- every woman and pregnancy is different, so you need to do what makes sense for you and listen to your body :) Plus, you certainly don't want to cause your back any more greif!

I agree with Seoj that you'd be better off walking it, if you've not trained.
I do a fair bit of running and when I've done Race for Life, in the past, it seems like a lot of people underestimate how far 5k is! They run, flat out, for the first 10 meters and then end up walking the rest coz they're knackered!
I see this in a lot of races tbh. People don't respect the distance and amount of training that needs to be done!
I don't mean you (OP) btw; I'm just ranting!!
xx

I would say walk it if you haven't been getting much exercise!

Thank you to those that replied, I forgot to mention on the previous post I was walking it, did it in 1hr15mins, baby has dropped and got a few pressure pains, cramping in my back and front but its not for long and really scattered so think its just braxton hicks.... so just the normal waiting game now for her appearance lol 5 weeks to go.... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->