Radiator not working - update

Nats21

Reaction score
Hiya girls. Our boiler broke a few weeks ago, after taking a week and a half to fix :growlmad: it was finally mended and we had a nice warm house back. Now the hot water and the heating is still working but the radiator in Callums room is not. Its cold all over, the pipe is hot though and you can hear it working. We've tried bleeding it and made sure the valves are open but still no luck. I've looked it up and some people who've had the same trouble have been told that there may be sludge in there and it may need a clean. Now we private rent, would we have to do this ourselves or should I phone the estate agents and get them to deal with it? Any help would be appreciated :flower: xx

My first thought was bleeding the radiators but obviously you've tried that.....

I would contact the Estate Agents, I'm sure it's up to the Landlord to rectify the problem.

^WSS

I hope it can get sorted soon!

I've phoned them up, I phoned around 9.30ish and am still waiting for a reply...this is why I hate my estate agents!!! xx

Turn all your other rads off but keep the problem non working one on, wait 10-15 mins and see if it heats, it could have an air lock, if it heats up its been a air lock, then turn all your other rads back on:thumbup: If not the rad valves maybe faulty:shrug: then call for someone

Let me know if it works:winkwink:

Ours had an airlock took a heating engineer two seconds to let the air out! Common problem when uv had work done on the heating system :) x

Turn all your other rads off but keep the problem non working one on, wait 10-15 mins and see if it heats, it could have an air lock, if it heats up its been a air lock, then turn all your other rads back on:thumbup: If not the rad valves maybe faulty:shrug: then call for someone

Let me know if it works:winkwink:

Remember if you bleed your rads to top your pressure back up on the boiler to 1-1.5 bar:thumbup:

Ours in the living room are not working too!! Weve tried everything! It's soo cold :(

Ours in the living room are not working too!! Weve tried everything! It's soo cold :(

If you've bled it, checked the stats up to a mid level (if you have one), Check boiler pressure is between 1-1.5 bar, done the air lock test as advised above then the valve may be faulty and you'll need a plumber to check it:thumbup:

We tried turning all the radiators off but just left Callums one on and left if for quite a while, when I checked on it it was still cold. The estate agents didn't get back to me again so I rang them around 5.15 tonight, got told 'we tried to ring you this morning but your phone was switched off' even though it wasn't and I'd had no missed calls, plus if they did try this morning then surely they'd of tried to ring again later in the day?? Anyway she got in touch with the landlord and hes sending out the company who fixed the boiler again to come and have a look. Apparently they're gonna ring me first thing tomorrow to let me know when they can come...not sure how much hope I have for this to happen though. Thanks for the suggestions xx

Well the man phoned this morning and informed me that he wouldn't be able to get to me til monday as this times manic :nope: He says it sounds like the valve has gone after I told him what we'd tried to do to get it working. Not sure how expensive it'll be to fix but thats the landlords job so just hope hes not funny about it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->