Rage Against The Machine Scoop Xmas Number 1!

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
Just goes to show eh? Anything can happen!

Bet that put a dampner on Mrs Coles xmas :rofl:

Must admit I think its great (although I do love x factor) but feel sorry for wee joe

Rage is awesome, one of my very fav bands.

Did you hear how they appeared on BBC radio and the BBC actually expected them to perform a live, censored version of 'Killing in the Name'? Of all the songs to allow to be censored, that one was NEVER gonna happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiiQPqmYE1A

Ha!!

(BTW, it's not the world's best live performance so if you're not a Rage fan you might wanna listen to the interview and then skip to about 8:15 for the amusing part. ;) )

Yes, a victory over manufactured POP and Simon cowell chart rigging :) power to the people

i already said this somewhere on here today, i dont see it as much of a victory for them as they are only number 1 becasue of an internet campaign - fair nough if they got there on their own merit, but the irony is they were as much 'manufactured' into that position as joe

I was so happy!! :happydance: just shows that were fuckin sick of this mediocre pop industry thats been rammed down our necks for years!x

Oh and it is a victory-they may have won through a campaign but a campaign that so many people have been a part of that means cowel and his bunch of big guns can kick themselves plus rage did it all for charity 2!

:haha: me and my husband were laughin so hard earlier when we checked. They said saturday they will have a free concert somewhere in the UK if they got to number one as a thank you and ask simon cowell to host it :lol:

Oh and it is a victory-they may have won through a campaign but a campaign that so many people have been a part of that means cowel and his bunch of big guns can kick themselves plus rage did it all for charity 2!

yes i agree it is a victory in that sense that they 'won' but i wonder how many of the people who bought RATM were actually fans in the first place, i mean a lot of them seemed to jump on the bandwagon to get at cowell etc etc - now im not actually saying i prefer either of them tbh i just find the whole thing ironic
had RATM released a single and everyone CHOSE to buy it, then different altogether, but on the back of a huge campaign - its just camoflagued marketingand no diff to cowell

i already said this somewhere on here today, i dont see it as much of a victory for them as they are only number 1 becasue of an internet campaign - fair nough if they got there on their own merit, but the irony is they were as much 'manufactured' into that position as joe

Nobody's saying it's a victory for Rage... That song already succeeded on its own merits when it was released... in 1992. It was the single that really made them as a band, and sent their first album to triple platinum. ;)

The idea is people coming together to support real music over manufactured music.

Nobody's saying it's a victory for Rage... That song already succeeded on its own merits when it was released... in 1992. It was the single that really made them as a band, and sent their first album to triple platinum. ;)

The idea is people coming together to support real music over manufactured music.

i totally get the idea, i just find the method ironic but hey maybe just me

I'm glad they got to No1. TBH even though I'm a X Factor fan I'm not that keen on Joe and I don't really like the winners song. My DH is a massive RATM fan and has their name tattooed on him (he didn't get it done as part of the campaign but for people we meet in the future I will tell them that he did :rofl:)

Ive loved them for years, i love what they stand for in every way possible. I just think the idea of the campaign in itself was fab, i will admit i watch the x factor but dont really like anyone on it ever, none of them are real musicians as none of them write their own songs or play their own instruments. Its about time ' talent' shows called it a day, they were fun when gareth and will went head to head, its all a bit old now..

That AND the fact the song lyrics are precisely the message they are trying to convey! :lol: But then I do see the point that those of us that downloaded it were doing what we were told in a way :lol: who cares! I looked at the christmas number 1 list of all time and it is funny to look down the list at all the songs then get to 2009 and it is RATM! :haha: I wonder what our kids will think!! :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christmas_number_one_singles_(UK)

I don't see how killing in the name of is manufactured. The movement to get them to number one may be considered as manufactured but that's not what manufactured music is about. It's about not valuing creativity. If organising something is the same as manufacturing it then I think I misunderstand the term. :shrug::wacko:

The aim of the campaign in my opinion was show the industry that we want variety and a fair competition not something that has been planned and marketed for 6 months. Maybe next year a true competition will exist and then this has been worth it.

I heard that Simon Cowel has something to do with them anyway so he gets loads of money or something? Havent even heard the song. I just think songs about christmas should be xmas number one and joe and ratm are nothing to do with xmas!!! If we had to have any that werent about xmas as number one I would have liked Peter kays one to go hehehehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_n1SMTF3P8
x

:rofl:

Oooo I slept well last night knowing that all those pathetic crying screaming "Joe" fans were probably crying into their soggy pillows :haha:

:happydance:

Well done Rage!

I don't have any sympathy in the slightest for Joe (and what the fuck were they thinking giving him THAT song to sing?! - no wonder her lost!!) - I'm glad they trampled all over him and trashed his/x-factors xmas number one dreams! Cause I bet they were all sat there thinkin that its all cushty and they'd bagged the No.1 spot - WRONG!!!!!

Its nothing to do with the money or a campagne agaisnt x-factor, its to do with people getting fucked off with shit x-factor songs being No.1 and not giving anyone else a look in!!! Why the hell should they get to dominate it year after year??? All manufactured teenybopper pop programs such as x-factor, britains got talent, pop idol etc etc are a load of b*llocks anyway - the contestants are all the same, pretty boy gareth gates types or samey "trendy" warbling women - not everyone likes it so whys it gotta be shoved in our faces year after year!!!

WOOOO WELLDONE TO WHOEVER SUPPORTED RAGE! Just goes to show really doesn't it =D

( not that I really give two hoots about the charts anyway to be honest - i couldn't tell you the first thing about mainstream modern music :haha: I just take great joy in uproar :rofl: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->