rage eating her fist

twobecome3

One and one on the way
Reaction score
I don't remember first baby obsessively chewing her hands? she will be 3 months old this week and is drooling big time and getting so worked up with her hands but cant seem to stop doing it when shes tired. I'm swaddling her for naps but shes getting close to breaking free so will have to let her arms free soon, I feel like its going to be tough getting her to sleep as the hand chewing keeps her awake. her eyes will be closed and she will be crying and is really rough with it!

Completely normal once they discover their hands

4 reasons I can think of:

1 - She's discovered her hands and oh my gawd they're amazing
2 - She's hungry
3 - She wants something to suck as comfort when she's tired
4 - Teething

May be one or all 4. :) But totally normal whatever the reason is.

Hi my little boy is the same. Gets himself in such a tizz. He even grabs my hand. He isn’t hungry just really loves his hands! I think he could be teething also as he is really dribbling . X

Yep she cut both bottom teeth by first week of March !

woah, good to know! My son eats his hands all the time and he's ! But I just read another thread where the Moms said their kids did that too and they didn't cut teeth until a few months later so who knows! :shrug:

It is normal. Once they discover the hands I found that they were constantly chomping on their fists!

My 3 month old has just started doing this too! I want to get him one of the teething mitts to see if it helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->