RainbowDrops_x Quitting Smoking Ramblings (AKA Journal)

RainbowDrop_x

Reaction score
So.. The day has come. I'd been toying with the idea of quitting smoking for a while, I love smoking, but hate being a smoker.. I hope that makes sense.

When I saw another quit smoking journal on here I had to jump on the bandwagon. My OH is also a smoker but is no way ready or wanting to quit so it's going to be my on my own. I've tried various methods in the past (patches - which made me feel sick, Gum - which made me feel sick, Inhalator - which made me feel sick) so so far NRT hasn't really been much support.. This time I'm planning on using willpower & wriggleys extra. It also helps me to know there are other people out there trying to quit or people who have successfully quit (If you're one of these please show yourself!!!!!!)

So when I saw the other Journal I thought to myself "That is what I need in my life.. Something that will distract me as well as be a place I can vent,moan and strop (and hopefully leave the anger out of my house LOL).. I'm a very stroppy quitter, every time I've tried to quit someone always says to me "I wish you'd just have a fag and calm down"..And 9 times out of 10 I do.. I'm a massive fail!!

I ordered a quit kit (Pointless as they are CRAP..Bar the tangle toy) and told myself the day it arrives, I will quit the next day...The next day is tomorrow as it showed up when I was out.. So here goes

I want to quite because:
I don't want my DD to be a smoker
I want to be healthier.. My DD is a very active child and I find myself getting puffed out far to quickly when playing with her.. I want to be able to play endlessly
I want to save money

The only thing that really worries me is weight gain. I really don't want to gain too much weight (which happened to my mum when she quit) that is the only thing that terrifies me about quitting... But I will see how I go.. I really hope I can do it this time!!!

Hi

I quit in September and have not even had a puff of a ciggie since :happydance:

The first 3 days were really tough but i used an inhalator to get me through them, then i would say it got slightly easier for the next couple of weeks

After 2.5 weeks it did not bother me at all and i wish i had tried harder sooner. Maybe occasionally in the next couple of weeks i would have the odd craving

I was pregnant though and had the incentive to give up as i was carrying a baby, i also had the nhs stop smoking service pay me weekly visits where i had to blow into a machine and they would tell me my carbon monoxide levels and the babies. If i hadn't of had my advisor come round weekly then i may have caved when i found out i had had a 3rd mmc. With all my other miscarriages the first thing i use to do was have a cigarette when i found out baby had died, not this time though, i was determined i had to stay quit and i have :flower:

Good luck :hugs:

I've never been a smoker but DH used to smoke before I knew him, and he gave up, and my granny was a really heavy smoker and completely gave up over 20 years ago.

I can imagine it must be very very difficult to give up - I know even just stopping eating chocolate is hard, so you need lots of support, which I'm sure you'll get on here :)

You can do it :hugs:

Good luck!! never been a smoker nor has DH, but will be watching how you go :)

I quit two weeks ago after having smoked for 12 years. I thought i was going to find it extra hard but it's not been as bad as i thought it was going to. I am using the e-cigs which i think have been a god send. Your better than me if you're just using will power and wriggleys. Hubby and i had a little argument earlier as he picked some cigs up and said he was going out to have one but wasn't going to start smoking again. I was like huh?!!

Anyway, i'm still getting quite strong cravings at times i want to know if it DOES actually get better cause at the moment i feel like giving in and lighting up alough i don't actually want to smoke!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->