Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

thanks for your support ladies.

yesterday went as well as we could have hoped. So far everything looks good. the nuchal translucency was well in the normal range and nasal bone was present. All the organs look good right now too but they did at this point in my pregnancy with Cordelia too so we cant rest yet. we are just waiting for the blood work to come back with my risk assessment, this was our first indication that something was wrong with Cordelia so i am really nervous about these results, they should be in next week.

this pregnancy wont be easy but it is off to a really good start, fingers crossed it is good news for then next 6 months with a healthy baby for us to take home at the end.

Jay dee- good luck with your scan this week. are you going to find out if you are having a girl or boy?

hope you are all well

E

Thanks for your update Ems. Fingers crossed everything comes back well with your blood test.

I look back now and feel like I missed out on pregnancy because I was so nervous. I look at bumps with envy!

Off swimming today with my little water babe x

Thanks Emskins.

Everything was as it should be at the scan. Baby was not shy at all in letting us know we are team blue again as I suspected.
The only issue was that my placenta is anterior and couldn't see whether it was blocking the cervix or not so will need another scan later on. I couldn't help but google and am now a little worried that it might be more dangerous to have a c-section with low anterior placenta. I was undecided as to whether an elective section was the best idea to get baby here safe given Zoe was fine until labour started but this has confused me even more - argh! Hoping it will all work out ok in the end, it's just ages till the next scan to see (no appointment yet but probably not till 32 weeks to give it chance to move)....

Congrats on the great scan Emskins...Just one step closer to meeting your rainbow! I am glad things are looking good for you and your LO!

JayDee...I would take it as it comes. With my rainbow I had a c-section booked from the very beginning, decided not to use it and have an induction, and then decided to have a c-section when 1 day of induction wasn't progressing. Things can change so fast...don't get too hung up on the details! :) Also placenta can move around a lot by the end of pregnancy!

Cheska...My rainbow is a little water babe too! Here is a pic of him and his first spaghetti meal!

Attachments

• 1073812_10153001811355214_1445991475_o.jpg
    1073812_10153001811355214_1445991475_o.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 0
Aw krippy he's gorg!!! Love the mess haha looks like your outdoors though - sensible ! :)

hello ladies how is everybody doing?

sorry I haven't been on for a while but looking after my daughter has become my full time job and playing on the pc is now a distant memory lol

Lexi is growing up fast she is now over 3 months old and is about 10lb time is just flying by and I have to keep looking back at photos to remember what she was like when first born

I hope your pregnancies are going well and you are getting through them in one piece

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->