Rainbows after the storm (late loss/stillbirth/neonatal loss/sids)

We are home! we got let out yesterday, hes now 4lb 7oz, doing really well, on formula. hes now 8 weeks old 36+4 corrected :)

this mornings pic. congrats to Lexi on teh arrival of jessica and hope everyone else is doing well.

Attachments

• 296073_10152873872445648_392656393_n.jpg
    296073_10152873872445648_392656393_n.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2
Congratulations to all you lovely ladies on the arrival of your rainbows - they are all beautiful :flower:

Primrose has been home 3 weeks now after 15 days in nicu. I was allowed home after 9 days and both doing fine.
Primrose now weighs 6lb 4oz. :laugh2:
Nicola - I am SO glad to read this. I came across your journal earlier and was reading it with my heart in my mouth :( I saw you hadn't posted an update since mid-May and was rather worried. Glad to hear that both you and Primrose are doing well :hugs:

lexi congratulations jessica is gorgeous and a good weight too hope you are both home soon.

sweet so glad to hear you are now both home. i bet Zac feels really big too you now but everybody else will think he is still really small because that is my experience. he looks so cute and i love his outfit.

Aileen of course we will have you back. sorry to hear you are struggling but hope the counselling helps.

as for us Lexi is doing well she will hopefully be over 6lb when weighed tomorrow. i think she now has a touch of colic which i hate because i cant help her when she is struggling. she is also constipated today and I feel so sorry for her. I have been massaging her stomach trying to help. oh yes she also has a snotty nose so i am having to help her with nasal drops. but apart from all of this she is great and becoming more alert every day.

i have added some photos

any body know when it is ok to take them swimming? i have been given different advise from people. but i need to find a small swimming costume anyway lol do they have to have swimming nappies on too??

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 5
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 4
And DEXTERSMUM-
I have been a Red Cross certified swim instructor for 3 years and have taught babies of ALL ages!! It is best to wait until at least 6 mos to take a baby "swimming". You can obviously take them into water with you before that (with approved sunblock, too!), as long as they don't get water in their mouth! But at 6 months we dunk the children to see how they react. Most babies are able to breathe fine afterwards, some cough a little. For those who cough, wait until 9 mos and try again! Oh and also, when submerging, only do it for a BRIEF SECOND! Just enough to cover the head w/ water and back up again! So, YES it is okay at 6 mos! Haha once we have our child, I'll be practicing this frequently, great way to develop an awesome lil swimmer! :)

Hi,

Not sure if this is where I should be so apologies if not!

I'm currently 14+5 with my 3rd pregnancy. I lost my son Reece in 2005 just after he was born at 39 weeks. He had Primary Pulmonary Hypoplasia which basically means his lungs never developed

I gave birth to a healthy baby girl 2 years after and while I feel I was terrified during her pregnancy, it's nothing compared to how I'm feeling now.

Maybe because it's been such a long time between pregnancies. I'm under a consultant and am getting my scans at KCL but it's still such a terrifying time.

I think you can take babies swimming whenever you like. Our local council website advises that you wait until they have had their first injections so they have a bit of immunity to bugs which probably prosper in the warm, wet environment of a public swimming pool. I was always paranoid about mine getting cold when he was little, but you can get some really cute all in one uv swim suits in the shops atm.

I haven't been on here in ages! Our boys are scheduled to be delivered by C-section Wednesday morning (unless by some miracle Baby A's bottom becomes unglued from my cervix and he flips). I've been in and out of the hospital, but always cleared and sent home. They diagnosed mild pre-e, but then the next one they did with me admitted to the hospital came back lower (though they don't take of the dx once they make it). My BP at home this week was really high, so we went in Friday night and was sent home later that night only to have the same again, so was kept overnight Saturday and sent home with BP meds. They've had massive issues taking blood and trying to put in an IV and have blown out veins all over my arms/ hands, so I'm praying they can find one on Wednesday to use. We did my last dose of Lovenox this morning and will start up again once the boys are here. We can't wait to meet them, but I'm not looking forward to the C-section.

amjon good luck for wednesday. I had a c-section and didn't find it that bad although the recover this time around was a little slower so make sure you look after yourself and take it easy and just have positive thoughts on wednesday morning and know it is just the boys coming out of the sun roof rather than the tunnel lol

RT welcome to the thread. How are you feeling this time around?

Well I think I have turned into a paranoid mummy instead of the paranoid pregnant lady that I was lol. Had Lexi to the doctors twice already. Although once was when the neonatal nurse told me I had to go there and then the doctor told me he wouldn't reat her because she was premature and I should go back to neonatal consultant?? it looks like lexi has a fungal infection on her nails so now have grean to put on twice a day. I had her at the doctors today because over the last week her bowel movements have changed from being several times a day to now stuggling and straining and not being able to go from anywhere between 12-36 hours and being uncomfortable and upset the longer it goes on. The nurse practitioner checked her out and said she was ok and just to continue to give her water when struggling and massage her stomach

I had an emergency section to deliver the baby I ultimately lost. They put me to sleep to do it so I can't tell you what the actual operation was like and, I wont lie, it wasn't comfortable afterwards but I was stupid I kept saying I didn't want any pain killers. Actually, once I gave in and accepted some it wasn't too bad - you hear stories of people being laid up for weeks - I was walking about the next day and actually went out of the hospital after a couple of days. I felt ready to drive again after 2 weeks but my gp said I had to wait 3.
I'm also guessing that a planned section will be easier too, just focus on the fact that you get your babies into the world safe and well. At the minute I think I'm going to have a planned section this time, just to make sure. It would never be my choice normally but if it's that or risk my baby, I know which one I'll choose every time....
Hope it all goes ok and you are home with your babies really soon xx

dextersmummy - I think they should keep doctor appointments aside just for "paranoid" mums, I think most people take their baby at least twice before they there for the first injections!
Hope Lexi gets better soon - my little boy had colic when he was tiny and it was horrible seeing him suffer and not really being able to help (tried every trick in the book).

Ashton and Austin arrived by plan C-section at 9:10 and 9:11 this morning. They both had 9/9 apgars and the OB said they were the healthiest twins she has delivered. They've been working on feeding and the lactation consultant came in a few times to help out. I was very nervous about the spinal, but ended up doing fine.

Attachments

• ashton.jpg
    ashton.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3
  • austin.jpg
    austin.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 3
congratulations Amjon the boys are gorgeous what weight were they?

They are a really good weight am job. How are you? Are you out of hospital yet?

They are a really good weight am job. How are you? Are you out of hospital yet?

We went home yesterday. I'm good as long as I take my pain meds on schedule. DH is still yelling at me for doing too much. ;) He's been very good about helping with the boys but is a bit overprotective. He keeps yelling at me to support their heads, keep them out of the sun, etc.

Congratulations they are gorgeous :)
Enjoy your boys xx

Hi ladies,

I have been lurking in here a while and now I feel ready to share with you all that I am pregnant with my rainbow after my sweet Cordelia. It is still early days as I am only 9 weeks along.

A big congrats to all of you ladies who have recently had your beautiful raindows, I am so happy for you all and it gives me hope that I too can welcome this baby into the world healthily too.

Wishing you all happy days ahead with your little ones.

E
x

Emskins that's lovely news! So very happy for you.

Lovely to read all the news of our new bubbas.

We are all good here. Its crazy busy but lovely. Sadie is a real mamas girl and loves being held all the time. Indy is fascinated by her and not jealous (I think she is too young)

Lots of love to all.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"