raising a "genderless" baby.. is this too extreme?

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/blog...ef=type:read,user:HQjcI1235Zg7OSO8CFVQ8JYXks0

i cant help but think this is a little extreme.. It somehow makes sex gender and sexuailty to be a secret? Plus i wudnt want to experiment as such in such a way to raise my baby tht way. Plus what r they Gna say when the child naturally asks about genitals.. Because fact is boys have willys girls have vaginas.. They r gna have to b taught to b a girl/boy in tht sense. It jus seems to extreme to raise an open minded child. There r different ways.
Hmm each to their own.. But when does each to their own becomes to far? Whenit seriously affects the child in a negative way? Whats ur opinion?

I think the parents are stupid thats all.

I saw this article some time ago... and, for me personally, I would not do this. I'm all for encouraging my child to go with their heart- like if my little girl wants to play with lego's instead of barbies.... no harm- shoot, I'd enourage that! ;) Just as I will encourage her to be a strong, independant and self-assured... but, if I had a boy, I would enourage him to be the same... I would never judge my son for liking pink or my daughter for being a "tom boy" etc... things like that. But they will know (as others will) what they are genetically speaking (boy or girl)... as I do think the way society treats you does, in some way, affect how we see ourselves. I'm not saying that's right or wrong- it's just part of life. So I want me child to know who and what they are and be comfortable in their own skin.

Just my two cents... for what that's worth!? ;)

I couldn't do it.. I think it would just create confusion long term!
Plus I have a girl & love all the girly clothes ;)

Cx

Personally I think it's crazy.
The phrase that gets me is this one; 'Storm will choose a gender when s/he is older.' No, Storm bloody won't, because you don't choose gender, you're one or the other.
They've got mixed up with gender and gender stereotyping. My children will be encouraged to play with whatever they want, and if my son declares he wants to wear pink then fine. Same with any daughter of mine. I'm not going to say you should do this because you're a boy, or because you're a girl. I am avoiding gender stereotyping.
But I am not going to tell my son that he is genderless. He isn't! He's a boy, he has male genitalia and can you imagine the confusion when they get older? It's damaging in my opinion.

i think its twisted. And not something i would ever do, or support anyone doing. There are two different sex's so why is it wrong to be the one you are born being? :|

Personally I think it's crazy.
The phrase that gets me is this one; 'Storm will choose a gender when s/he is older.' No, Storm bloody won't, because you don't choose gender, you're one or the other.
They've got mixed up with gender and gender stereotyping. My children will be encouraged to play with whatever they want, and if my son declares he wants to wear pink then fine. Same with any daughter of mine. I'm not going to say you should do this because you're a boy, or because you're a girl. I am avoiding gender stereotyping.
But I am not going to tell my son that he is genderless. He isn't! He's a boy, he has male genitalia and can you imagine the confusion when they get older? It's damaging in my opinion.

I think u hit the nail on the head there. Ur right theres encouraging ur child to b free and not b confined by gender stereotype but then there is a problem with gender tht u r born into and pushing tht in a negative way

There's a programme on dmax tomorrow evening on extreme parenting including gender stereotyping, Im recording it, will be easier to get some insight and maybe some understanding, I'm withholding my opinion until then....

I think the parents wanted to get into the paper and this was the only way they could think of getting in.

Niamh has got cars and dolls, she enjoys playing with her cars but she's a propper little girl in the fact she loved playing with her baby's.

I often find children of genderless orientation the parents always have a boy clearly dressed as a girl. It says there about the child's favorite colors being pink its almost like they made a point of the girls side there just like the parents did when they had the boy dressed in a tutu and always seems to be dressed as a girl?? this is not genderless its gender swopping. I dont think its right on thge child at all it singles him out for ridicule. Let him develop who he wants to be naturally not the parents force genders on him and confuse him. growing up is learning what he wants to be.

There's a programme on dmax tomorrow evening on extreme parenting including gender stereotyping, Im recording it, will be easier to get some insight and maybe some understanding, I'm withholding my opinion until then....

Ty for this i thibk i will put this on and watch myself wud love to hear ur opinion afterwards x

I don't like it :nope:

It seems too extreme and more for the parent's benefit rather than the child's.

I often find children of genderless orientation the parents always have a boy clearly dressed as a girl. It says there about the child's favorite colors being pink its almost like they made a point of the girls side there just like the parents did when they had the boy dressed in a tutu and always seems to be dressed as a girl?? this is not genderless its gender swopping. I dont think its right on thge child at all it singles him out for ridicule. Let him develop who he wants to be naturally not the parents force genders on him and confuse him. growing up is learning what he wants to be.

My mum is forbidden from buying girly toys for my niece as she is being encouraged not to conform. She IS allowed cars and garages though. Needless to say bro and SIL wanted a boy.:wacko:

I'm all for choice but give them the option.

My mum is forbidden from buying girly toys for my niece as she is being encouraged not to conform. She IS allowed cars and garages though. Needless to say bro and SIL wanted a boy.:wacko:

dnt u think tht makes the baby conform on the opposite way? Y not both?

dnt u think tht makes the baby conform on the opposite way? Y not both?

Oh believe me, I don't know where their logic is :nope: I've said that to my mum before, it's kind of defeating the object.

Wow that article is certainly interesting! Personally I dont agree with it.
I believe that your gender is part of your indentity, I feel that they would be stripping Storm of this by raising him/her genderless.

Agree there, I dont care if a boy is playing with girls toys or a girl playing with boys toys, I played with all my brothers toys and hated dolls when I was growing up. The choice should be given not assigned in any sex. Seems genderless means "heres my boy hes playing with barbies and wearing pink" wouldnt genderless be neither pink or blue the typical colors of boy and girl? I think its ok to express your sex why is it such a bad thing for a girl to be a girl? or boy to be a boy? we arnt all the same.

I think they are taking this waaaaay to far. Attention seekers at their best, and they took their one child out of school and started home schooling him because he got picked on? It just seems like they are sheltering their kids WAY too much. And what will this do for their genderless child's psyche or self esteem, kind of feels like they are teaching their LO that whatever gender they are is not right or acceptable. I don't think they are thinking about the long run, what will this do for their children in the future? They can't keep their kids from the social world or society forever. I'm all for supporting your child in whatever decision they make in life, but the way they are going about it is almost like they are forcing their children to be independent and make their own decisions. I don't know, it's weird, and I don't think it's a proper way to raise children at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->