raising a "genderless" baby.. is this too extreme?

You can't choose your BIOLOGICAL SEX. You are born with XX or XY or XXY or any of the other variants. But gender is a social construct. And it can be chosen.

As silly as this sounds we started to notice lo dragging and pushing certain toys.. This was all himself.. He also srarted to show a greater interest in this crocodile on wheels toy oushing it along. So we brought him some cars and he loves them ao we brought a few more. Theae are right now his choice toys. We never brought him cars because hes a boy we brought them coz it became obvious he liked cars. Doea tht make us gender stereotype. Because to me tht makes us babyled. Id also like to point out tht he has a lot of gneder neutral toys and when given a doll showed little interest. Also one of the cars has flowers on it.
I think a pp was right there is this fad right now to be as far out to be the most crunchy to have the most far out there opinion on raiseing a child...

I would never use my child for a social experiment. I think it's awful and going to create a lot of confusion for the child. The fact is there are different genders! It's science, you can't fight that so what is the point to trying? No matter what that child still has either a penis or vagina. Why not just teach him/her that he/she can be/do whatever they want regardless of sex.
Don't like it one bit.

If Evelyn wants to wear blue and play with cars she can.
But hiding her gender from her would be ridiculous.
Nothing wrong with gender neutral parenting but genderless parenting? Crazy.

Poor kid. Its going be so messed up in the head when its older. The parents are bonkers...

I have a cousin called Storm, he is a boy :) so names dont really mean anything. I think that witholding his actual gender from him is ridiculous, he/she is gonna look down one day and think...what are these parts? Gonna be hard to explain to a child you've bought up to have no gender that these parts do in fact belong to either one sex or the other.

I see this as being different to 'fluid gender' children. These kids know what they are biologically and its their choice as to weather the conform to that or weather they dont. I have no issue with that, but to mislead a child, make him/her out to be a special snowflake who can be what they want as they have no gender is just setting yourselves as parents and the child in question up for some pretty awkward converations when they get older and realise that they arnt a special snowflake and that they do biologically conform one way or another and thats something they cant help despite their parents making them believe otherwise.

Eit: Woops didnt realise this thread was 3 months old lol

Theres a similar story where the parents revealed the gender of the child after 5 years...

https://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/0...hilds-sex-after-keeping-it-secret-five-years/

I dont understand why anyone would do this to their own child.

"I think finding out the sex at the scan is awful. I'd ban it. It's like opening your presents before Christmas."

Sooo....she's all for giving her child choice in their life but is happy to make a statement about removing other peoples rights and choices? Hypocrite of the highest order.

i dont know if i agree with gender is choosen. we have a close friend born female physically but is actually male (is going though various gender reassintment surgeries) but it wasnt a choice he made...he was male...just had female sexual organs. but he went through one of the most horrfic lifes ever and i can certainly say he never chose any of this - he is just who is he is.

we also have other friends who i spose you could say are transexual/transvestites both who are physically male but spend perhaps 50% of there time dressed as women...they just go with what ever takes there fancy that day. again if you spoke to them they will tell you they are male as well to put it frankly they have a penis but they just wear what ever they fell comfortable with ...they dont go out and esp wear pink or anything to make a point they just like wearing the occasioal dress or wig?

i also dont think sexulaity is choosen either, you either like men, women or both...it not a choice you just are.

i agree with those that these parents seem to have confused gender with gender sterotypes...there child is physically male or female...and the fact they seem to want to hide that i find shocking...they are denying a part of who they are as if it something shameful...and teaching the child they wont be accepted for who they are.

where it seems they just want to remove sterotypes...but you can only do this by changing other peoples perseception something you simply cannot do...instead what i feel they should focus on is teaching there child repect, self worth, courage and strength to be who they want to be regardless of others opinions.

what happens if this child who say is a boy grows up and wants to be a mechanic...will they feel they have failed...do they expect this child to grow up and want to do a job that is associated with females?

also what grammer do they use...how do they refer to the child he/she/xe??

rant over.

every time I read about that couple I think oh the irony! they preach that they want to raise their child genderless and yet they place more importance on gender than anyone I've ever heard of, they place such emphasis of must this/mustn't that :dohh:

I think it's good to bring up children gender stereotypes free, but that just means you don't make your kids feel bad about their choices - i.e you can't do that you're a boy, I won't buy you that toy because you're a girl, (I wasn't bought a guitar or allowed to do martial arts for ages because my dad was convinced it's not for girls! :dohh: forcing things onto your kids just to make the paper and to push their own agenda I find in very bad taste.

I was just thinking the same thing vaniilla! If they really wanted genders to be "chosen" by the child, they wouldn't put emphasis on it or broadcast it in the media. They would simply have both (or neutral) types of clothing and toys available and let the kids pick. Not pushing them to wear tutus as the one story seemed. I think they're fame whores using their children as a platform. So wrong. They're setting up the child to be overly obsessed about gender instead of letting them naturally form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->