Random Accumulation of Names

amb23

NTNP- OH, OH DS, ME!
Reaction score
Just looking to vent my name choices out somewhere.

Names that I really like are marked with *. This is as realistic a name list as I can currently think of, without my guilty pleasure names for the most part. :D

OH and I are NTNP, so while this isn't a guarantee it's likely. Baby will have First Middle Second-Middle and last name is Courthell (Pronounced core-thell), this is MY list only (because I am broody!), not OH input as well. Though I should get that someday. ;)

OH has 1 son (Trey Anthony Jean-Paul). This list is just something of a brainstorm, as I plan to edit it. :3 I have lots of free time coming up, haha. Some names realistically won't work with ours, etc. We both want 2-3 more kids, so there are lots of possibilities, but I would like the names to all sort of.. fit together. Sound decently, not be too similar or too different, etc. :D

I do know a few people who SHARE these names, so for curiosity's sake indulge me; what do you think about giving your child a name that is someone else's without necessarily trying to 'honor' them? For example; I have a friend whose son's name is Vincent. Is it automatically a 'no' for you? I do not see him often, nor do I see her much either. We communicate through facebook, mostly. :p However, I have a good friend named Marcus, nn Trent? Just curious to hear opinions. :)

Aireanna (name of my best friend of 11 years, I REALLY want to use this as first/mn/2nd mn)
Arthur (Grandfather's name, again, REALLY want to use this somewhere in boy name)

Girl Tops
Alice* (my grandmother's name)
Lucy
Charlotte* (nn Charlie)
Gloria
Delilah*/Delia/Dahlia
Caterina
Lena*
Patience
Piper
Parker
Robin
Siena
Fiona
Alexa
Adrianne
Scarlett

Boy Tops
Albert* (My Dad's name)
Milo*
Oliver
Garrett*
Spalding
Trent
Giovanni
Lothario
Marcus
Othello
Blaine
Calum
Alistair
Carlisle
Duncan*
Malcolm
Stewart
Alfred* (nn Alfie)
Vincent* (nn Vince)
Bentley*
Blake
Whitley* (nn Whit)
Sawyer
Preston
Reece
Hudson
Jackson (nn Jax)
Dunstan
Edward
Edwin
Gage*

Here are the names from your list that i like:

Girls

Lucy
Charlotte* (nn Charlie)
Delilah (nn. Lilah)
Piper
Parker (i only like Parker for a boy)
Siena (prefer it spelled "Sienna")
Alexa
Scarlett

Boys

Oliver
Giovanni
Vincent* (I don't like Vincent/Vince... but i do like Vincenzo/Vinnie)
Bentley*
Blake
Sawyer
Preston
Reece
Jackson (nn Jax)
Gage*

My favorites are: Sienna & Alexa and Giovanni & Sawyer (and i love Arianna)

As for your questions: I would use any name i want... would not matter to me if a distant friend's kid had the same name or an adult family member/friend. I wouldn't use it if it was a close friend's child or a child relative.

Personally i would use the old fashioned names on your lists as middle names to honor family members (like Alice, Albert, and Arthur)... and give the baby a more modern first name... but that's just my preference!

Here are mine. x

Girls Boys
*Alexa (called Lexie) *Oscar
*Daisy *Leo
*Kitty *Isaac

Personally i would use the old fashioned names on your lists as middle names to honor family members (like Alice, Albert, and Arthur)... and give the baby a more modern first name... but that's just my preference!

I wouldn't name my son Albert because while I love my father I'm not close to him, and don't want to name my child that. I love Arthur for a little boy, and it does go well with his son's name imo. :D Most of my name tastes are more old fashioned, honestly. xD I prefer old fashioned names to newer ones. This list is hardly complete; it was just the names I thought up off the top of my head haha. That were too COMPLETELY off the wall. xD

I also am not fond of my children having names that are 'modern' and will fade fast with time. It's kind of disheartening to hear a name called out and see 10 kids turn around to it, lol.

I love the name Charlotte with a nickname of Charlie. One of my friends has a daughter named that, and when he told me about her, I melted! I've always been a fan of the name Charlotte, and one of my grandmothers was named Charlotte! Love it!

I also am not fond of my children having names that are 'modern' and will fade fast with time. It's kind of disheartening to hear a name called out and see 10 kids turn around to it, lol.

Well every baby i personally know that has been named recently... Emma, Emily, Ava, Sophia, Scarlett, Julia, Abigail, Alice, Sadie, Annabelle, Isabella, Violet, Charlotte, Eleanor, Lillian, William, Henry, Oliver, Thomas, Jack... does have old fashioned names. This is actually the current trend! They are the top names on the baby name lists & there are many articles about old fashioned names being "in" right now. So the majority of kids at school or kids on the playground will, in fact, have old fashioned names! :shrug: Yet, surprisingly all these parents i know seem to think they are being unique or original?? Which i don't get... bc they are just following the current en vogue phase?? :dohh:

Well every baby i personally know that has been named recently... Emma, Emily, Ava, Sophia, Scarlett, Julia, Abigail, Alice, Sadie, Annabelle, Isabella, Violet, Charlotte, Eleanor, Lillian, William, Henry, Oliver, Thomas, Jack... does have old fashioned names. This is actually the current trend! They are the top names on the baby name lists & there are many articles about old fashioned names being "in" right now. So the majority of kids at school or kids on the playground will, in fact, have old fashioned names! Yet, surprisingly all these parents i know seem to think they are being unique or original?? Which i don't get... bc they are just following the current en vogue phase??

I meant more that I don't like 'modern' names like Aiden, Jayden, Hayden, etc. Those just are not my taste, haha. I am not keen on my children being one of twenty Alice/Albert's in a class either, but if that's what happens I'll be fine with it.

I'm more concerned with a name fitting the child than the popularity of the name; especially in the case of my personal name taste, since a lot of my names are family or friends, etc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->