Random Disappearing Period almost 4 months PP... and IUD question

Butterfly89

Mama of 1
Reaction score
Soooo! We are 15 weeks post-partum. :D I can't believe how fast its gone by (though the first 6 weeks felt like FOREVER thanks to extreme colic). Anyway! I need some advice about AF... bit of an explanation first.

I could only BF for around 2 to 3 weeks. My lochia just stopped pretty much completely out of nowhere (no tapering off) around 4 weeks. At 6 weeks, OH and I had an er.... mishap with a condom breaking... took the morning after pill... then I'm not even joking, it happened again (this is why I hate condoms) a few days later and I took the pill again just in case because my doctor said its fine to take twice in the same week if you are REALLY worried. I had what seemed like normal AF about a week later (so around 7 weeks). We abstained til I had my IUD put in, lol, needless to say. ANYWAY.

Just like clockwork, as it always was before pregnancy, I had another AF at 11 weeks PP (28 days later). Now at 15 weeks, I am "late", about three days. I've had nausea at night and in the morning which is how my pregnancy started... got panicked and tested, negative, thank goodness lol. My other pregnancy I tested positive at 3 weeks 3 days, not even FMU, so I'm *hoping* its an accurate negative. Really unlikely with the IUD.

I have felt crampy for the last week and keep thinking its about to start, my skin is breaking out a bit (though its really hot out and sweaty - ick), and I am feeling moody which are all usual PMS symptoms for me. I feel like its "stuck". I'm really confused because I felt what I thought were my usual O symptoms around the time I expected but I guess not!

Is it normal to have normal periods then miss one this early postpartum? Or did I mess it up with the morning after pills? :wacko: I know the copper IUD (which I have) is like 99% effective and it seems to be in place... there was one time I thought I felt the plastic though but it never happened again... I am just worried maybe it DID come out of place, fixed itself, but is in wrong.

I know the chance of pregnancy is pretty low if its still in there at all (apparently?) but aghh.. Still a bit worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->