Random present request

Babybump87

Reaction score
Is there anything your child/ren have asked for that’s like super rare and expensive ! ?

DD has asked for Sonic Team Chaotix Detective Agency plush toys . I think it’s some kind of series on Netflix ?

There’s no way we can get these for her . They have 3/4 characters . So how do I get her to switch to different ones. I don’t want her to be disappointed on Christmas morning .
The pressure we put ourselves under !

Oh dear, that sounds difficult! Would she be disappointed if you got her a mainstream Sonic instead? Are they very different?
Or, does she believe in Santa? If so you could tell her that Santa told you that they don't have those in the workshop. Or if she doesn't, just let her know you tried and you couldn't find one and maybe ask her if there is another plushie that she might like instead? I think I would tell mine in some form beforehand to avoid disappointment. Good luck!

It’s messy when our kids ask for things that they flat-out won’t get. I have had to tell my kids sometimes, with a lot of empathy but also being very firm and certain, that they simply won’t get (x) that they asked for for Christmas and they should not expect it. It’s a sucky moment but then it’s done. And kids understand. They can be disappointed or even devastated but they understand.

OMG just googled them you aren't kidding, £200+ for a plush on ebay!
Must admit I havent seen them before.

We fell victim to this when PJ masks first came out, there were no toys in the UK yet so we paid way over the odds to get them shipped over from America by a friend of OH's. By the time we had paid express shipping and fees it cost a fortune!

Then by around Feb the toys were all in UK anyway :haha:

I
OMG just googled them you aren't kidding, £200+ for a plush on ebay!
Must admit I havent seen them before.

We fell victim to this when PJ masks first came out, there were no toys in the UK yet so we paid way over the odds to get them shipped over from America by a friend of OH's. By the time we had paid express shipping and fees it cost a fortune!

Then by around Feb the toys were all in UK anyway :haha:
I know I nearly died !! I’ve actually found 2 of the figures for £10/11 so might get her them instead.

Oh I totally remember you buying all the PJ mask toys !

Oh dear, that sounds difficult! Would she be disappointed if you got her a mainstream Sonic instead? Are they very different?
Or, does she believe in Santa? If so you could tell her that Santa told you that they don't have those in the workshop. Or if she doesn't, just let her know you tried and you couldn't find one and maybe ask her if there is another plushie that she might like instead? I think I would tell mine in some form beforehand to avoid disappointment. Good luck!

They are soo different ! She still believes and I don’t want to spoil that for her as this will probably be her last year she will be 10 soon.

There will for sure have to be conversation had !

It’s messy when our kids ask for things that they flat-out won’t get. I have had to tell my kids sometimes, with a lot of empathy but also being very firm and certain, that they simply won’t get (x) that they asked for for Christmas and they should not expect it. It’s a sucky moment but then it’s done. And kids understand. They can be disappointed or even devastated but they understand.
Yeah she’s a very understandable kid and would be just as happy with the figures I’ve now found as she’s asked for the sonic playset which we have got her so works out well .. hopefully !

Seth (9) is always asking for things that are hard to get and expensive. The other year it was a Ghostbusters X WWE figures that are only available in America and aren't sold anymore. Another time it was a slap band from a YouTube who also only sold in America, they did ship to the UK but I refused to pay 4x the amount of the slap band for postage. This year he asked for lego sets that just aren't made anymore so of course the price is through the roof. I usually end up scrambling to try to get these things but he asked for quite a bit this year so I didn't bother with the hard to get stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->