Rant About Midwife's Receptionist!!!!

KandyKinz

Longtime Mama
Reaction score
Well, I got my BFP last week on the Monday. I called the midwives office first thing Tuesday morning and left a message. The receptionist did not get back in touch with me till the following Thursday afternnoon. She did my intake and told me she would call me on Monday after the midwives practice meeting to see if there was a spot available for me. Well Monday came and went....and I received no phone call! Then on tuesday she called around supper time and we were not at home so she left a message saying she'd call back in an hour... She never did, then yesterday (wednesday) no phone calls so I called and left a message yesterday at noon I asking politely for her to call me back since I missed her phone call the evening before.... It's now 2:29 on Thursday and she has yet to call me back.

I'm growing incredibly frustrated. I did meet the midwives briefly while doing a placement with the labour and delivery nurses here a year or so ago and they seemed like professional care providers so I'm not doubting their ability to provide good care, BUT I am incredibly disappointed in their receptionist as I think it is highly unprofessional to tell a prospective client you will call them on a certain day or at a certain time and then fail to do so.

As far as I know, the midwives have not yet met full capacity in caseloads and are continually trying to promote their practice as the concept of midwifery is very new to the area.... Well, I must say I could see many interested clients being turned off by such crappy correspondance!

And all I keep thinking about is.... What if they don't have any spots in March left and I'm stuck without a midwife again and my waterbirth homebirth plans are ruined!!!! :cry:

Oh that is a huge pet peeve of mine in general, people who don't return calls or call when they say they will.

Is this office your only option for midwife care?

Around here midwives book up really fast too. Can you drop in to the office and ask? What a nuisance, I don't blame you for being upset.

Yep, these are the only available midwives in the area :(

I'm not entirely sure how they "run" from an administrative standpoint. Due to the ruralness of my location they use two different clinics in two different community health centers which is shared by GP's, nurse practioners, etc but have their own receptionist/administrator for both. When you call the number it automatically directs you to an automated message center so there's I guess no hope of getting them on the phone directly. Once I'm in (oh I hope I get in) I'll get the pager #'s so I'll be able to contact the midwive's directly if needed.... but this is annoying....

Feeling happier now :)

She finally called this evening at 6:30! I got in :) My first appointment is on August 9th :)

glad to hear you got in, it must of been quite stressful not knowing whether you had a midwife or not.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->