rant about mw!!

callymel

Reaction score
Ok,so I'm 31+5 and I've not met my midwife yet,I moved to the area at 22 weeks and my allocated midwife has been sick or on holiday so I've never actually spoken to her..the other thing is I'm quite pale,so everytime I have an appt I always get questioned about how pale I am etc..I'm always this colour..aaargh!! The other thing is my baby's only been measured once & that was upon my request as a lot of people have told me that my bump is quite small etc and that when they were pregnant the baby was measured every appointment.basically I just wish I'd see the same midwife,or a couple of the same midwives just so they know me,and know my pregnancy instead of feeling like its my booking in spot every damn time! I have my 32 week appt tomorrow should I ask about measuring baby etc? Tia and sorry for the major post lol xx

Hi, I wouldn't worry too much about being measured just the once as I was measured first at 29 weeks and each subsequent appointment after that, which is only another two times. I was measuring big each time and went for a measuring scan last week and allis on track with the bump, which has put my mind at rest.
I have been lucky and seen the same midwife at each of my appoint,nets, however one lady I was speaking o at the antenatal class has not seen the same midwife twice.
If you have any concerns then you just need to ask them, that's what they are there for. As for them asking about you being pale, I wouldn't worry, if they don't know you then I guess they are just showing a concern

Han x

Hey,thanks hun.it just annoys me as my friends talk about what midwives do/did with them & I've not experienced any of this and I'm almost 32 weeks :/ every midwife had written in my notes about being pale but they still ask me every time? Ah I dunno perhaps I'm just being a winge as it feels like I've been pregnant forever & with no help,guidance or reassurance from any of the midwives I've seen x

No worries, unless you are planning on a home birth, that's when I think a good relationship with your midwife is essential, I think we can expect too much these days with the financial pressurs on the NHS.
The main thing is just ask any questions you have and you can always ask to measured if she doesn't, but I thing she will xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->