Rant: Antidepressant withdrawal

Jewels

Wife & Aussie Mommy!
Reaction score
In order to start to TTC, I decided a while back to wean off my antidepressant med. I was on a low dose of Zoloft - 25mg for about 5 1/2 months. My doctor made up a schedule which would slowly wean me off the drug over the course of about a month. I actually took it slower than my doctor recommended. I've been off Zoloft now for a little over 3 weeks now, however I'm still having days where I'm experiencing horrible withdrawal side effects. I will get uncontrollable anxiety (I can get anxious over anything), trembling/shaking, lightheadedness, dizzyness, and will sometimes feel like crying about things I normally wouldn't be crying over! I know I have low grade anxiety normally, but I know I am not really THIS MUCH of a nutjob!

I originally thought that I was going to stop my BCPs next week, but because of all this crap I've requested my doctor fill another month of them so I can have that cushion of time.. Hopefully I will start to feel better in the next few weeks. My DH and I didn't want to chance coming off the hormones on top of Zoloft withdrawal, because that could be a horrible mix, and I want to be in a good place when we start TTC.

I came off Effexor late last year and the withdrawal didn't seem nearly as bad as the Zoloft withdrawal.

I'm just frustrated because I feel like I can't move on with my life!!!! :hissy:

Anyone else come off antidepressants before, and how long was it until you felt closer to normal?

:hugs:

I'm on a low dose of citalopram. I did go upto the max dose of 60mg's and now I'm back on the starting one of 20mg's. I feel as though I could use with being 25-30mg's to be honest. Or maybe I'm just stressed with life at the moment. I refuse to go up again though, it seems as though I'd be taking a step backwards.

I'm going to stay on the 20mg's for a few more months, review in the late summer/early autumn!

I've heard that zoloft can have nasty withdrawal effects. Just keep at it, they should subside soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->