Rant - Feeling as if I am not prepping enough!

LorelaiLana

Reaction score
I have this feeling that I am doing nothing to get ready for the baby!

In our culture one doesnt by any baby stuff until the baby is born!
But I think it wont work here so I am going to buy a few essential stuff and keep it in the garage( worried abt the dust) or in a spare room(but that wud mean I got it inside the house and it means I official bought stuff for the baby!) I am not this superstitious, but since its for the baby I dont want to jinx it....I really know this is stupid, but cant help!.

Another things, We are in a tonwhouse 3 floors, the first floor has 2 bed rooms, one master and one guest/babies....since our parents are going to be with us to help us for the first 6 months, I really cant get the guest room ready as a baby room...so no nesting for me....I cant really make the 3rd floor room as the guest room or baby room for obvious reasons...basby needs to be near me and cant really expect mom and dad to climb flights of staris to take a nap....they will end up relaxing in the lounge uncomfortbaly...

I know the sense in my decision that the baby is going to be in our room anyway for the first 1 yr atleast....still i want to decorate a room in anticipation for the baby and all that sentimental stuff :) So feeling a bit deprived of that joy...

How silly of me!...but there it is! :)

My mum and mother in law don't like the idea of the big items being in the house until after the baby is born, so the pram, cot, mattress and car seat are all 150miles away at my parents' house! I really want to set the whole nursery up, but at the moment will have to do that minus the cot. My mother in law has even kept hold of my lovely new glider chair and said I can have it nearer the time - I'm due 29th Sept! They have let me have the moses basket and a few clothes in the house though. If you want to do a bit of baby shopping, you could get some clothes for the first few days in hospital as they're not provided in the UK now - just sleepsuits in white or something - I know it's not quite the same but it would give you an excuse to browse at least!

That is very frustrating. Can you decorate the guest room on you floor but keep the big bed? Paint, pictures, curtains and such?

You don't need much for a newborn. Diapers, wipes, onsies, blankets and a boob (if you plan to BF.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->