RANT! sorry.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
Ive had enough today.
The flat above us has had their music on full for the last 2 and a half hours and its doing my head in.

Then it seems like everyone is interfearing*spelling* with my pregnancy/baby.
i have just had a call from MIL saying DH's aunty wants to buy something for baby for us(which is fine) but then she goes on to say someone she nows is selling a baby crib and is it ok if she buys it for us.talk about putting me on the spot,why couldnt she text me to give me time to have a think about it.
i dont even know if i want a crib instead of a moses basket.

ive been putting off buying things for MY/OUR baby as i know that if i buy something DH's parents or family will say oh ive bought you one of those.
i dont mind them buying stuff but they will buy it because they like the look of it and what if i dont like it(as they dont say 'im planning on buying you something but can you choose it so it can be your taste and not mine'

this is my first baby and i want the very best for them but i can see that this baby will have a miss match of things and in other peoples tastes and not mine.

sorry for the long rant.

its just all getting to me.

thanks for reading.
x x x

:hugs: I know how you feel. Its hard to tell them no...but I have had to do it a couple times with OH's mother. I was worried she would get angry or something.

well if she sent me a text message i would of been able to say no but when its over the phone it doesnt give you time to think about it.

i know they are only trying to save us money but i dont know if it is as its second hand ill have to buy a new mattress and all the bedding for the crib.
but if i had a new moses basket they have the new mattress and the bedding.

but now ive said yes ill have to have it i guess.

when we first found out i was pregnant we said we didnt want any hand outs or second hand stuff, but it just seems that all we have is second hand.

there is nothing wrong with second hand stuff but as its our first baby i wanted everything from new.

i dont know it might just be me

I got a bunch of second hand things from my mothers family, and although i appreciate the kindness, I feel the same way you do. It would be nice to have things of our own, brand new. Luckily, the things I got second hand, my mother got me new ones, which i won't be getting until my baby shower, but she said that she will take the ones I already have to keep at her house, which works out pretty well.
Just because you said yes, doesn't mean that you need to stop looking for something that you would rather have.
You got to make sure you are happy too, not just them, you know???

as ive said yes they will exspect me to use it.
i wouldnt mind if it was just someone giving it as they are not using it anymore but his aunty is buying it. thats the problem i think as she is buying it from someone i would have to use it. but im not wanting a really expensive moses basket but if shes paying £30 for the crib you could buy a NEW moses basket for the same price.

I know how you feel about the second hand stuff, i said i wanted nearly everything new and now it seems i have everything second hand! It seems a shame to spend hundreds of pounds though when i have been given them and they are in perfect, like new, condition!

One of the thngs i definately wanted was a new pram which i had seen at mamas and papas and it was 500 pounds but i have been given two very nice prams! seems silly to spend all that money, i am just going to save that money and buy a new nicer pram when baby gets a bit older..

Why don't you ring back and say you dont want a crib just yet you have seen a nice moses basket you would like instead?

Why don't you ring back and say you dont want a crib just yet you have seen a nice moses basket you would like instead?

i have just called to say that and she was fine about it.

Doctordeesmrs did you try the toothpaste thing on your coldsore last night?

Whoo

Thank F**k upstairs has just turnt his music off.
hes now gone out.
his music has been on full since 11 this morning and its now nearly 3 o'clock, so thats 4 hours i had to put up with that Fing music thudding away.

Glad all is sorted, I'm lucky with my MIL, she won't get anything unless we ask for it, or she will ask us what we want

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->