Rant!!

xJessie91x

Reaction score
So we found out that I'm pregnant and told my partners mother. I'm quite close with her so expected her to be happy. Nope, my partner messaged saying how would you feel being a nanny again? (My partner has a son but the ex doesn't let the family have contact) she sent a ? So I sent a pic of the digital test. No response. Like what the hell? She's been on and off Facebook all day but not even replied at all. I feel really upset by this. Am I being silly?

How rude, Id be really upset too. Maybe she's waiting for a quiet time of day to phone and congratulate you rather than text? X

I'd give her a call. Could it be that her phone can't receive the photo? I know when I sent mil photos of Rio when he was first born she rang me in a panic because I'd sent her a lot of 'email addresses' as she said and didn't know what it meant :haha:

It was a Facebook message and it says seen. She uses it a lot so she's choosing not to reply. Im just feeling hurt. Maybe it's hormones. My partners at work he messaged me on his break saying oh don't worry about it so I said I'm annoyed and now he's got stressy at me and gone back to work.
I'm just taken back as we expected her to be so happy. Thanks for replying girls :cry:

I'm sure she will come around- maybe just caught her a little off guard if she wasn't expecting the news. My own mum was quite negative with a few of my pregnancies but she soon came around and dotes on them all x

Same as PP, my mum has seemed a little disappointed in both mine and my sisters pregnancies. I guess there are some kind of complicated feelings when finding out you're going to have a grandchild but we just don't think of that because we're so caught up in finding out we're going to be mums.
But I hope that she contacts you soon because this is your baby and she needs to buck up and be happy for you

She's messaged with a gif clip saying congratulations. She messaged my partner saying she's concerned about us 'affording another child' and also because my partner can sometimes have short patience with my son. But if I was that worried surely I would make that decision not to get pregnant. Ah well at least she messaged in the end. Thanks all x

Yeah, my mom has NEVER been happy that I was pregnant upon announcement. It takes her a few days to digest the news. That is why I have always dreaded telling her, lol. But she comes around after a few days. It just takes her a minute to process.

This is why I haven't told MIL yet. Unfortunately, we live with the in-laws, so it will come out sooner or later.

I know MIL isn't going to be happy. We have two already and I struggle a bit keeping up with the two so little. We had financial trouble after the second one, although we are back on our feet now a new baby may throw the mix.

We love our babies and make it work tho! It's our concern my theirs ... bloody in laws lol xx

I wouldn't worry about it. Every time I get pregnant my MIL has some snide remark to make. "Why did you have them so close" "this is your last one,right?" "You're waiting longer to have the next baby." I just want to slap her. In the end, it's your baby and she really doesn't matter. If she wants to be a brat about it, just ignore her.

People can be so rude!

Perhaps she was upset you told her over Facebook? I don't think it was right for her to say she is worried if you can afford another baby as I don't really feel that's a parents place. My parents don't know my finances so I would be offended by a comment like that. Everyone looses their nerves at times with children, it's great she responded but I think it could have been a nicer response. Sorry that's just me thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->