Ranted at by HV, so thats us back to milk 24/7

alice&bump - thats why I went on to bottle with her. She was feeding all the time and I was in soo much pain from it - she actually took off part of my nipple :(. And now with bottles its every 2 hours she will take about 100ml - but she will take about 300ml before bed and sleep 5-6 hours then want 200ml. Although at each milk feed she will bring milk up. With puree she does not do this and will go longer.

by the sounds of it she's so ready for food! i hate HVs that are all like "you MUST do what i say" my HV kept telling me to stick with BF and when i said i'd switched to FF she just said "oh" with that dead disapproving look. turns out katie had gained like an oz in a month, the week we switched to FF she gained 1lb :shock: i know now my milk was disappearing, but even once we'd switched, she'd take 6 8oz bottles a day, plus 3 meals with pudding and everything!!

I started weaning with babyrice at 3 months because Jasmine has bad reflux and was going through so much formula

I think if you feel that your baby is doing well with a bit of solid food, then you should continue on. Not all babies can thrive off milk alone. She wont be obese either, thats a load of bull... Children become obese because we live in a society of junk food and video games.

I think if your LO is happy with her purees, and you think it's working out fine for her based on her reactions, then just go with your instinct. You're a good mom with your child's best interests at heart! Just don't tell the HV

Don't beat yourself up about it,it's your child and you do whatever YOU feel you need to.
I don't know about anyone else,but i never talk to HV about these things,i think it's up to ME to raise my child and they are there just to weigh and measure them.

I'd try and wait for as long as possible. If she's content on milk then leave her on milk but if she's showing all the signs of being eady for solids then maybe it's time to wean. I started weaning earlier than the 6 month mark because Amelies tummy was rumbling at night :shrug: Also, lots of babys drop centiles when they're moving about more. Amelie was born on the 9th, shot right up to 50th and is on the 9th again.

I don't even go to the HV anymore. They talk a load of crap sometimes :shrug: And I don't want to be paranoid about her weight all the time so she's not been officially weighed since she was 6months old.

the health visitor is there to advise and guide you not lecture you so yes it is disgusting of her to talk to you like that!

the guideline is actually to bf exclusivly for 6 months that doesnt give them the right to lecture you if you formula feed!

Emma is YOUR child you do what you feel is best

i weaned at 17 weeks on advice of my health visitor (luisa was loosing weight)

It's hard to give advice without it sounding like a lecture :shrug:

I think the problem here is possibly not the content of what she was saying, but the way she presented it....

yup, it was they way she said it, and i feel she took advantage of the fact it was OH that was there and not me - as she knows I have been up and down emotionally recently sp she kinda tip toes around me. That and that I am (as she has said) more aware of baby matters than her usual charges in this area.

I am trying to lt her have as much milk as possible but she spews milk up

HV had a go at OH saying that Emma should not have ANYTHING other than milk until at least the 6th December and to stop immediately. SO we are back to milk. I am stopping Breast Feeding in the morning so I am going to see how many bottles she will have tomorrow. It says on her milk can that she should have 5 x 210ml for her age, but she is 16.5lbs, and if I go by that its 240 x 4.

I had been giving her small meals for a week, so its nothing major. But she is also having the 2 x 240ml bottles, and being Breast fed in the mornings, so I dunno how much she consumes then. We had her on Hungry Baby milk but this gives her sore tummys and constipation despite her also having:nope: 4oz water a day.

I do kinda feel bad for her in a way as this past week she has hardly been sick, has not screamed in pain with wind or had constipation. Se has been happier.................................................but I am really not up to being lectured at by the HV

OH has just told me what the HV said - That if I give Emma solid foods now then she will be a fat baby, and a fat child and will grow up to be a fat adult!! What a load of tosh! I was weaned at 4 months, was a beanpole, OH was weaned at 4 mnths and he was a fat bod - but he is 6ft 1 and a healthy 14stone (not fat!) I however have taken after my mum and am larger - bt then both my grans are larger, and all the women on my dads side are chunky (Bradys don't appear to have ankles, lol) I know that it involves a LOT more than just when you wean - I could wean her at 6 months, then sit her in front of the tv and she will be fat, compared to being weaned on fruit and veg at 4 months and being an active child!

that line iv underlined it complete and utter bollox! Charlie started weaning at bout 15 weeks because he was soooooo hungery all the time, and u know what! hes now below the 25th centline! So its a load of rubbish! hes was always on the 50th nice and normal, and then he went down too the 25th when he started running around! Do whatever you think is right hun weaning is from 4-6 months i wouldnt listen too her shes your child :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->