Raphaelle Lucy Anderson 10.11.10

MissMamma

Mummy
Reaction score
Well i'm finally getting round to writing this all up...i have had a very surreal few days and things havent really sunk in yet.

So things started wednesday morning [well looking back they started monday night] but i didnt realise i was having contractions, the pain was all in my pelvis and no cramping sensation at all. So all those people who told me i'd just know when i was in labour lied! :haha:
I started timing these pains after they woke me up at bout 6:15am they were seven minutes apart. By midnight that evening, and after three phone calls to the birth centre just to make sure i wasnt in labour the pains got to three minutes apart and my poor petrified OH convinced me to go into hospital...he started to get scared they were contractions and i was about to have the baby at home. We rang the hospital and basically got told that i should just expect to get sent home again but we could come in if we wanted. We got in at 2:30am. My lovely lovely midwife was amazed to tell me i was 3/4cm dilated and we could stay!
My contractions progressed well, i was coping on paracetamol and TENS. i got checked at bout 8am and was 8/9cm!!! Nobody had guessed i'd be so far along so they quickly rushed to get the pool full :D the contractions were pretty intense by now but as soon as i got in that pool i was in heaven. I cannot recommend it enough, seriously girls. I got on gas and air because i was in quite a lot of pain and became very lighthearted about the whole affair! Until i started getting that pushing sensation. I'd been told all about it but could never imagine it, my body just knew exactly what to do and it scared the living daylights out of me!
I was absolutely exhausted by this point, not had any proper sleep in about three days [a v close friend had her baby the night before so i was up all night getting updates] and was struggling to cope, i felt like i had been in the pool about four hours, my mum informed me afterwards it had been about an hour :dohh:
Pushing was the worst bit, a lot of people had told me all the pain would stop on pushing but it didnt! My OH [who did get in the pool in the end :D] had to keep me above the water i was so exhausted.
I pushed a little bit of her head out about 3/4 times and had to give up but eventually her head came out, OH says she came out turned 180 degrees eyes open and blinking. I dont know where i was looking but was completely out of it at this point. I thought i'd pushed her all out and was absolutely devastated to hear the midwife tell me "just one more push" for the rest of her body. I didn't even tear :D
The midwife passed her up to me. She was so small and blue! I just remember shaking like a leaf in total shock holding her precious body into me and looking up at my OH then my mum, both of them in a similar state to me. Shaking, just saying oh my god oh my god.
We sat in the pool for a while, just holding and looking at her, she cried and cried but I hardly noticed. OH cut her cord after it stopped pulsating and eventually we got out the pool, after I pushed the placenta out. I almost cried to hear the midwife say just a couple more pushes now for the placenta!
Got lots of skin to skin with her lying in the bed because neither of us could get the hang of feeding! We stayed in hospital a night and the next day for all her paediatrician check ups etc and so I could get help with feeding. I was really eager to get home but once home I felt so scared and isolated. There were no midwifes just round the corner to help me if I needed it [and I had to climb two storeys to get to the bathroom!]
My first day at home with Raphi was horrible, I don’t mind admitting, I was too scared to sleep so was knackered and feeding wasn’t going well. I felt completely useless but today has been the opposite, six hours sleep [in two hour slots], better feeding and I feel so much more positive :D
She’s due another feed and is about to wake up so I’ll leave it at that!

Raphaëlle Lucy Anderson 10.11.10 9:42am Weighing 6lb11oz
raphaelle.jpg

me and raphi.jpg

awww shes beautiful, congrats hun :)

Thats amazing! It gives us all a wonderful experience to try and shoot for! Congrats

that's a wonderful story and she's beautiful!! congrats =)

jess shes stunning, and what a lovely birth! soo jelous :lol: :hugs: well done you x

Amazing birth story :) I agree with the birthing pool, absolutely incredible!! I never got a water birth though unfortunately as my daughter was 11 days late and had pooed inside me. But maybe I'll get one this time :)

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!

xoxox

she is truely a beautiful bundle of joy, so precious.
congratulations. xx

She's gorgeous, congrats. :) sounds just like the labour I've planned so hopefully will work out similar. Enjoy your time with your lo :)

thankyou for sharing your story!

congratulations! :flower:

congrats and well done! She's just beautiful and that is such a lovely first photo of you and her.

Jess, what a stunner! She's so beautiful! Congratulations, you did amazing! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->