raspberry leaf tea

mickey

Reaction score
hi all,

can somebody tell me where I get raspberry leaf tea and how soon before birth I should start to drink it?

thx, Angie

Hiya, you can get it from most health food shops etc, i bought mine online!

You can drink it from 37 weeks onwards ! x

sorry for asking, but what is it for? just interested.

might not really help, but even the placebo effect will work for me ;)

it never helped me either, tastes pretty mingin too lol!

If you don't like the tea you can get capsules instead

I bought mine from holland and barrett and i used the tablets instead of the tea. it work for me, only 10 minutes of pushing.
i started taking mine from 34 weeks (cos im impatient!) and increasesthe dosage every week.
Id recommend it, if it doesnt workit wont have done any harm :D

Yup, about 36 weeks. Its a uterine stimulant so just dont drink it anytime when you wouldnt want to have the baby:p

I took the capsules because I didn't like the taste of the tea. I think I took 2 morning and evening from 36 weeks. I only has a 2 1/2 hour labour in total, I don't know if the raspberry leaf had anything to do with it but it's got to be worth a try! I'll definitely be taking them again next time.

I got mine from Holland & Barrett

I might try the capsules ... :D

My pregnancy bible says you can drink raspberry leaf tea from 32 weeks onwards, so I started to drink mine today.

I like the taste :hi:

My book says, you should drink three cups a day!

I will stick to this :hi:

A friend of mine was telling me about Raspberry Leaf Tea, she said that women should drink it throughout their pregnancy even in 2nd tri. However, should you only drink it towards the end of third tri?

as far as I know you def have to avoid the tea in the first trimester, this is even mentioned on the package!

otherwise I only know that they advice in my book to drink it from week 32 onwards :baby:

sorry, can't say more

How are you finding the tea Mickey? I didn't mind the taste when I had DD but this time round I think i'll try the tablets - I read somewhere that the active ingredient is better absorbed from them.

I find the tea alright, especially as the weather turned to autumn all of a sudden and I fell ill.

I like to drink herbal and fruit teas in the cold time of the year :baby:

I drank it religiously when I was pregnant with Tia as from 34 weeks... All it's supposed to do is make your uterus stronger in preparation for labour, and make your labour faster...

Well I had a 6 hour labour first time and gave birth without induction treatments, or forceps... I can't say it helped with the pain though. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Always conflicting information on things like this isn't there. Does my head in.

I think I'm going with capsules from around 32 weeks :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->