rather strange request from mil about wedding.

missk1989

Reaction score
My MIL2B yesterday suggested that we invited some of FIL2B friends to our wedding as he has been invited to their childrens weddings. Eh?? For a start we cant afford to add these people and secondly neither of us know them!!! She said it would be nice for him to have friends there but its not like he wont know anyone...his family will be there :dohh: rant over.

This seems weirdly common and were expecting it. MIL2B invited 20 of her friends to our engagement stating she'd been to theirs and she would want invites to the wedding.

However her friends then didn't talk to us all night and their husbands tried to start a fight with the bar staff (and we had it at our work so these were colleagues!).

So she will be told 'not a hope...'. Plus our venue isn't very big :D

Tell her no! In laws always think their friends should be invited xx

my mom has been suggestin friends aswell. There are 2 that ive said yes about as I have known them most of my life but people I don't know no way!
My oh's mum passed away when he was 7 so I don't have a MIL2BE requesting such things.

My in-laws invited a few friends but they paid for the meals for all the guests on the groom's side so we didn't mind as much. I think if the out laws ...... I mean in-laws are happy to pay for it then why not. But it's your wedding and what you say goes. Xx

I allowed each set of parents to invite one 'couple' each. that way I didn't shell out on loads of people I didn't know and they were happy too.

I think I'm in the minority though.... most people I tell look at me like iv lost marbles. I'm pretty laid back about the whole thing though.

I just think it's never as important to anyone else as it is to you two, and I really want everyone else to enjoy it as much as I will. and this way- I know they will. x

I may sound harsh but I'm not letting my in laws anywhere near our guest list :lol:. For the ceremony it's going to be family only as OH has a big family (his Mum was one of six children) and lots of cousins and we want under 50 for the ceremony, then the evening is up to 100 with the hotel's package we are going for so we will be making sure we invite the people WE want there first and if there is any room left then we may consider his parent's friends (my family may not be there due to major health issues my Mum and Grandpa have and they'd all have to travel 250 miles). But I'd say it's your day not their day, you have who you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->