Re-usable baby wipes?

im_mi

Crunchy mama!
Reaction score
How many of you guys use these? I am thinking of buying some very soon but i am unsure of how many i will need. for conveniences' sake, i am guessing quite a few, but they are pretty expensive at around £7 for 6 (although i havent looked on etsy or ebay yet).

Experiences? Recommendations? Do you use them with water, or tea tree oil spray?

hey hun, i have LOOADs but i never un out ....maybe around 50 - 60 or so now :blush: you can make your own if you fancy it..e bay have some too for really cheap .. i'd say you would need somewhere aroung 20 or something depending on how often you wash.....i use a home made solution water, tea tree and a little baby wash

sara

xxxxx

I've got these:

https://www.thecottonnappycompany.co.uk/www.thecottonnappycompany.co.uk/info.php?p=10&cat=106671

I was given some free as I bought my birth to potty set in that shop, and I've bought another lot, so I have 20. I've also got some cut up flannel in case I run out, but rarely use them these days.

Oh,and I use chamomile tea and grapeseed oil as my solution.

I love the weenotions ones - it's about £4.50 for ten of my favourite kind, which are velour on one side (stays lovely and soft, and great for poo) and fleece on the other side. I have about 40 wipes but only because I bought enough plain ones (20) then found weenotions and had to have more! I wouldn't choose ones that were fleece on both sides as I find fleece tends to smear poo everywhere :sick: though it's great for a final wipe/dry.

In the morning, I fill my Pampers wipes box (free in the hospital bounty pack) with a splash of witch hazel, a drop of teatree oil, a drop of lavender oil and a squeeze of yummy smelling Halos n Horns baby wash and top up with warm water. Then I put enough wipes for a day or two in and soak them, then ring out any excess water. I probably use too many ingredients but it smells lovely and does the job! The solution will last at least two days without smelling musty.

fantastic! thank you girls so much for the advice! :D

I really love the fuzzibunz ones - I have a few different kinds, but these are the right combo of softness and sturdiness (can really scrub off the poo LOL). I don't use a solution - just water. Anything else turns Buns bum bright red!

xx

I bought some minkee from ebay and made my own with chopped up terries, I use chamomile tea and a bit of baby bath. :)

Oooh, your post reminded me that I wanted to get some. I just bought some from weenotions!

I've got quite a bunch from Weenotions as well. I agree that the fleece just smears stuff around, but I've got several different types, so we manage :) And we just use warm water. Just fill up a little tub before each nappy change.

Ive got the cheeky wipes kit, comes with 25 wipes...but will probably need more. I could of bought just the wipes/made my own but the kit was all ready and done for you! Lazy bum :D

Yeah I got cheeky wipes too :D I love the smell of the lavender and chamomile essential oils .

Yeah I like them. Love the fact it's all sorted out and ready to go and that I have everything I need. Could have saved lots of cash by buying my own wipes and using lunchboxes but I treated myself to them whilst I was pregnant :lol:

i have weenotions ones too!!

I have 10 plain bamboo, and 20 that are bamboo one side and fleece on the other (great for lifting poo off the skin, then use the fleece side for drying.)

I just use plain water, but thinking i need to start using some kind of home made solution now he's started solids.

I have weenotions and ellashouse ones, I love my ellashouse ones for poos! We use nothern essence foaming wash for his bum but only recently because his wee has got stronger as hes got older.

I have 20 which is plenty for us. I got them from weenotions too and I have 2 sets, one is fleece on one side and velour on the other which I use for wee and the other is bamboo on one side and velour on the other which I use for poos :thumbup:

For solution, I make my own with water, baby wash and tea tree oil which does the trick. I just keep it in a small bottle and wet the wipe as I go to use it.

I have 20 Weenotions wipes, bamboo one side and velour the other. I use a solution of water, olive oil and a couple of drops of lavender oil which I keep in a sports bottle and just wet each wipe as I use them :thumbup:

Buuuut, I'm not totally happy with them as they have frayed at the edges and although they are locked so aren't going to unravel they just look tatty. I've only had them about a month :grr:

I'm planning to get some of the Bum Genius ones so I have different ones for bum and hands/face from now on. Currently using disposables for hands and face until I get some more.

I make my own using flannel x flannel, and some flannel x terry cloth (like a towel)... the terry cloth side is good for catching those sticky breastfed poops. I made about 30 and wash every 2 days. I'd say I use mostly 1 or 2 per wet diaper change, and change about 2-3 hours per day.

I use just water, baby wash, and extra virgin olive oil. works great.

I got a Prince Lion wipes warmer. Every other day, I half soak about 15 squares in the solution, then place the wipes in the warmer - already wet and ready to use. Dont have to pump every time before I wipe... no fuss. I like it a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->