Re-usable baby wipes?

I have 20 Weenotions wipes, bamboo one side and velour the other. I use a solution of water, olive oil and a couple of drops of lavender oil which I keep in a sports bottle and just wet each wipe as I use them :thumbup:

Buuuut, I'm not totally happy with them as they have frayed at the edges and although they are locked so aren't going to unravel they just look tatty. I've only had them about a month :grr:

I'm planning to get some of the Bum Genius ones so I have different ones for bum and hands/face from now on. Currently using disposables for hands and face until I get some more.

oh noooo thats terrible....i have had mine for AAAAAAAAGES and they have stated to frey a littl but not much.....i would contact them and see if they will replace them

I've got these:

https://www.thecottonnappycompany.co.uk/www.thecottonnappycompany.co.uk/info.php?p=10&cat=106671

I was given some free as I bought my birth to potty set in that shop, and I've bought another lot, so I have 20. I've also got some cut up flannel in case I run out, but rarely use them these days.

Thats where we got our nappy kit from too - are you local? I'm in leamington spa!

I've got these:

https://www.thecottonnappycompany.co.uk/www.thecottonnappycompany.co.uk/info.php?p=10&cat=106671

I was given some free as I bought my birth to potty set in that shop, and I've bought another lot, so I have 20. I've also got some cut up flannel in case I run out, but rarely use them these days.

Thats where we got our nappy kit from too - are you local? I'm in leamington spa!

Really? I'm in Leamington too! It's a small world! I always find them really helpful in that shop. Gives me a good excuse to go more often than I probably should!

freaky very small world! The lady in there is lovely and someone told me she is a midwife too so thats an added bonus. If I get caught out and about in town while birthing I will know where to stumble to ;)

I use the Nature Babies one, and have 50 I think. I just use them with warm water, but I use them for all sorts, not just for bums!

thank you all so much! I have just ordered 10 of the fleece/velour wipes from Wee Notions so will see how we go with them :) will have to see what turns out to be easiest for us with regards to transporting/storing the wipes and the solution, but im sure we will figure something out :) I really like the cheeky wipes set, what a fab idea! unfortunately just cant afford that at the moment :( never mind!

I got a cheeky wipes set in my Guru kit and I am sooo getting me ome of them. It is so easy to use :D

Another vote for Cheeky Wipes!! I love mine. I bought the mini kit as I use cloth nappies, don't really need the bits for dirty wipes as they just get chucked in the nappy bucket. I've never needed more than 25 wipes - I just put 12/13 in the box at a time and that's enough for 2 days (I wash my nappies every other day).

A tip for night time - the box closes quite loudly (as it is airtight) so I usually put a few wipes in the travel bag. That way I don't wake baby up too much with the noise!

I'll vote for Cheeky Wipes too, they are fab :thumbup: I don't buy my oil refills from them though, as they are pricey! I just went on Ebay and bought a couple of big bottles of essential oils, and mix them myself :)

We use them with water. We also keep organic wipes with us that are not re-usable for outings.

I was looking at the cheeky wipes. Theyre very expensive - whats the benifit of them because i'm not sure I get it??

https://www.thenappywrapstore.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=50 bargain

In one of the pound shops I went to last week they have packs of 6 'baby wash cloths' in pink, blue or green, 3 plain and 3 spotty per pack. They look a good size for a wipe and are really soft. Not sure how they will function in reality but I have a couple of packets to test out.

Thought they'd also be great if anyone does hot cloth cleansing as they are very soft and would dry really quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->