Re-usable nappies?

17pregnant

Reaction score
Is anyone thinking of using them, or is using re-usable nappies? I am seriously considering it! I would love to hear feedback or anything about it. I have nothing to go off, I don't even know what its like! Thanks girls :)

I use them with LO :) They're great and very cute!
Ask over in the Natural Parenting section, they'll give you loads of info.

I use them :flower:

You can pm me if you like :)

I use them with Savannah, wish I did with Peighton though!
And yes, they're sooo addictive you can't help but buy more they're so cute!

Awesome thank you girls! I haven't seen many people using them in NZ, but I think it is definitely the best way to go :)

i must admit i found this thread very funny as soon as i read the title.... i remember asking my parents if re usable nappies would have been a good thing when faye was born ...they replied with a strict NO!

they then went into the story from when me and my bro and sister were young they used them and they used to have to be put in a bucket and they really stinked the room out etc etc...

ohhh this thread makes me laugh!!!

anyways....this would have been many years ago and im sure that things have changed now to make them much better......... just thought i would share my quick story with you

i use them now and will be using them again with my little boy.

pop over to natural parenting or feel free to pm me if you want :)

I used them with my son and loved them. Agree about them being addictive!

I use them and have used them since my son was about a month old, and absolutely love them!! :) There's NO way that I would ever go to using disposables all the time, ever! They're just WAY too expensive!!

I suppose it's just trial and error! The cost for a full birth to potty trained re-usable nappies in NZ is $1000+ but in the long run it would work out cheaper.

Just to say, BTP nappies aren't always best from birth and you may be better off buying some size 1s :flower: You can Google to see if you have a local nappy library, I'm sure they'll be happy to help you :D

I use them! :) they're great! So easy and save soooo much money(Well they would if they weren't so addictive ;) )!! I do still use disposable for going out/away and at night especially because she always does an explosion every morning ;)

We did and I loved them but Alexander would constantly get horrible nappy rash so we switched to disposables. I would have loved to try again with this bub, but OH isn't keen.

I used them with my son, it really helped with his skin. the only thing I would say is make sure you wash them in the right stuff, or they all apart.

Found these thought they might help!

Weighing it up: the pros and cons

Pros:
Cheaper than disposables in the long-run.
Quick to wash and dry.
May be more environmentally friendly, if washed and dried carefully.
Look cuter than disposables.
Save you money in the long run.
Cons:
Cost more at the outset, instead of paying for nappies week by week.
Some mums find they're more likely to leak than disposables, though not everyone agrees.
More time-consuming to use than disposables.
You need a tumble dryer or space to dry nappies.
They can be a bind when you're out and about and you have to carry dirty nappies around with you.
You may need lots of accessories, such as liners, in addition to the nappy itself.

I think they're great but I prefer disposable. Just easier for us. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"