Reading tests after 10 min question..

Gemini19156

Reaction score
I know you're not technically supposed to read tests after the 10 min mark, but I'm trying to figure out exactly why...

Is it because of evap lines? Evap lines don't have any color to them, right?

And are you more likely to get a false positive or false negative after 10 min??

Thanks in advance!

It's because you're more likely to get a false positive (basically an evap). I think not everyone knows they don't have colour and most people would probably just assume if they saw a line, then it was positive. But I think it just depends on the situation. Certainly, my last pregnancy I got an obvious positive on a FRER and a less sensitive test that looked negative to me initially. I looked at it again about 20 minutes later and it had definitely dried with a line. I was pregnant, but it was still early so just hadn't showed well on that one until it dried (they dry darker). So I think depending on the circumstances, it can be an indication, but I would always re-test to be sure. Obviously, if I'd seen that (without also having taken the FRER), I would have assumed it was a genuine positive because it looked like every other dried early positive I've had and I would have taken another test the next day just to confirm. But I guess that have to put a time limit on it somehow because otherwise, people would be coming back to them days later and trying to see something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->