Reading to your baby

With my daughter....I started around like 20 weeks....I always talked to her but every couple of nights I would actually sit and read to her.

I read, spoke to, sang to, solved math problems out loud to and anything similar to Alexa when she was in my belly-probably from 16 weeks on. I haven't started any of this with LO but probably will when s/he is 16-20 weeks!

I read specifically to bump when I was pregnant with my daughter! Now she's 19 months and absolutely adores books and stories so, whilst I haven't been reading specifically to bump, I'm pretty sure she joins in with story time for my daughter! Her movements always change when I'm reading and she seems to respond to her big sister's reactions to the story and when she join in, etc! Baby seems to react more to big sister's voice and interactions with my bump than she does mine! :dohh::happydance:

Beca :wave:

Which books are yall reading?
I think I want that hungry caterpillar book...It looks cuuuute!

I haven't with this baby yet, I'm very early still. But I did with my 18mo DD, and she LOVES books. We read everyday, and visit the library often. I don't know if my reading to her before she was born made her like books so much, but I'm sure it didn't hurt any.

I love your story, EstelSeren, that makes me excited for when this little one starts moving around :)

While I was pregnant with DD I read some of my and DH's favorite children's books/series, like Chronicles of Narnia, Nancy Drew, and The Boxcar Children. It kept me entertained, and they took at least a week to read through each book. I had started out reading the picture books we had gotten as gifts, but you read through them in like 2 minutes tops, so I decided to read longer books. Even now, we read her favorite pictures books throughout the day, but at bedtime we curl up with a chapter book.

I didn't mean to ramble on so much, I just love books :D

I read to my son and sang to him when I was pregnant and it's only been in the last sort of few months that he actually likes reason lol strange. I read and sing to him everyday so baby gets plenty of action hopefully this one will enjoy books a bit more than my son did. Although we listen to alot of musical we are musical family and I love to sing which as I said I sang to him and he sings and grooves constantly he loves it.

I don't read to him specifically but I do read to my older child alot during the day so pretty sure he hears :)

We read to our son every night, so I guess that counts? Never did when I was pregnant with him and didn't start until he was probably a year or so, but he loves reading before bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->