Reading/video suggestions for natural birth?

Premomt

Him and Me +1 makes 3!
Reaction score
Hello!
I'm in the US and I'm wanting to do a non medicated birth. Dh and I have not come to an agreement as to wether or not it will be at home, a center, or a hospital yet so I am wanting to read and watch as much as I can to figure out what will work best for us.
I am interested in finding out about all forms so any info and links you can pass along would me greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

The Business of Being Born, which is available to stream on Netflix, also Pregnant In America is also available to stream on Netflix. Lots of great videos on Youtube. Just type in natural birth, home birth, water birth, natural hospital birth. Things like that :) And if it helps, my DH recommends homebirth to all low risk couples :)

I just picked up 3 books yesterday- Belly Laughs by Jenny Mcarthy, Skinny Bitch Bun in the Oven by Rory Freedman, and Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way.
Belly laughs was a easy funny hour long read. Cute- but not really informative- just funny.
I picked up the Bradley method book because my friend and her husband went through the classes (like lamazze classes but different thoughts on breathing and positions) and had a really good experience with it.
But I'm still interested in other perspectives like hypnobabies or hypnobirthing, or orgasmic birth.

I will surely watch those videos- though I don't have Netflix so I may have to buy them..
Any other suggestions?

Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering by Sarah Buckley

Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin

Active Childbirth by Janet Balaskas

Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin

are all good natural childbirth reads

xxx

Pushed: The Painful Truth About Childbirth and Modern Maternity Care by Jennifer Block is a great book. She also has a website pushedbirth.com.

I'm a reader and the book took me a while to get through. Parts of it read like a story (and horrified me at what doctors tell women to convince them they need a section) and the other part reads like a dissertation with facts and statistics and references. All around it's a great, eye-opening book that made me understand just how birth has become the way it is in America.

Effective Birth Preparation by Maggie Howell (founder of Natal Hypnotherapy). It has general birth prep as well as an idea of hypnotherapy for birth. I can also highly recommend her cds :)

Second Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I really credit it as one of the best homebirth/natural births out there and helped me achieve my HB :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->