ready for potty training or not?

JanJan

Reaction score
Hi. My LO is nearly 18 months and she has learnt how to undress herself including her nappy (she is now in pull ups). does this mean that she is ready to start potty training? Everytime we think she is going to do something we ask her sit on the potty which she does really nicely but she wont stay on it for long. A few times she has sat down then got up do a poo. Sometimes we wont even sit down, will throw it or play with it. What is the best way go from here? Many thanks

only know your child hun id say go with your instincts if you think shes ready then keep trying
i left my oldest child till he was between 2 and 2 and a half and he was trained within a few days il probably do the same with the baby unless i think hes ready sooner
good luck xxxxxxx

my daughter is 2 and a half, and has no interest in tit whatsoever, ill let her decide wen she wants to do it :D

Hi,:hi:

It really depends on your child, and when they are ready, you can softly encourage i.e sit in potty before getting in bath, or when you go to the toilet let her sit on the potty with you, or even if you know roughly when her constutional will be in the day sit her down on the potty and read stories to her this distracts attention from what she is actually doing!!!
Also i find that speach is a key factor if she can communicate well then you are half way there if she understands then you are definatley there!!!.

But got with your heart you know your child the best if you think she is showing signs then go with it and see if it doesn't work then stop! there are no rules, remember it will happen eventually! ( you don't see many adults wearing nappies).
:hugs:

Good luck

i have the potty in the living room, when she needs to poo, she will go yak, i have tried to start potty training, but does not want to know about, so i am not going to force her, i am going to wait a little longer....

I started Hailey as soon as she turned 12 month's old. First thing she did was went POO in the lil toddler toilet. Now, she pee's and wipes her own bottom, sometimes she goes in the potty and sometimes not. We use pull up's but she's doing really good. If you start you should stay constant with it & not just take a break for one day (do it everyday) unless your toddler crys then don't fight it. Give your lil one a toy to play with while on the toilet and distract her.
Now since Hailey got to big of a butt to sit on the ones that sit on the floor we bought the ones that sit on top of the big toilet she loves that one better cuz it doesn't hurt her tushy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->