Real bad PMS

Suz

~ I are a Nerd ~
Reaction score
I suffer from real bad PMS. (pre mensteral symptoms)

Every month its a bit different but I get real bad symptoms.

*Very Grumpy for a few days before AF
*Some months I have to through up (sorry TMI)
*I get real bad trips to the bathroom (again sorry TMI)
*Very Bloated
*Super bad cramps the day before and day I start
*Very Very Tired for a few days leading to AF
*Sometimes I get very hungry

and alot more. But the main ones is the feeling sick and being grumpy. Is there any way to controll this without going onto the pill?

What are some ways you ladies take care of these issues.

:hugs: Suz

I have some what of the same problem, the symptoms vary from person to person, you just have to eventually figure out a pattern for yourself. Eventually everything should regulate. :hugs:

I was talking to my friend last night and she suggested I go to a natural food store and look at the vitamines (sp) that I might be able to find something that could help.

evening primrose oil is suppoosed to help.

I use a mn8 for pms and endo symptoms

Basically it is a magnet that you attach to your underwear starting a few days before your PMS usually arises to when your period ends. It is totally drug free and helps with pain, PMS related spots, breast tenderness, bloating, water retention.

Some people think I am crazy and that it's all in my head that it works, but well for me it has changed my life, literally! I used to suffer so bad to the point I would pass out at work, spend 2 - 3 days in bed with my mum staying with me because I couldn't be left alone as I was always passing out, throwing up etc

Have you been checked Suz hun, for things like Endo or PCOS - which can be a cause for the heavy cramping.

Evening Primrose oil is great for the mood swings - and is what keeps my hubby safe during PMS! :rofl:

I'm not sure about the vomiting, is it because of the pain of the cramping, or do you just feel sick?

I have never been tested for that. I just bet nausious and sometime I can hold it back. But usually when the cramps are sooo bad. I had this when I was in highschool and my dad use to have to pick me up from school. But then I went on the pill. But now that im in my mid 30s, I just think the risks are too high for me to be going back on them. I will be swithing health insurance August 1st, so I will have to find a new Dr so maybe I will have them check me for endo. Never thought of it like that...but I always had heavy periods... Humm....

My mom has a similar experience, but she's 46.. her periods didn't start acting up until recently though (past couple years), she's had an operation to help, but it's made the flow MUCH heavier.. she is going to get the Mirena on advice of her gyno to help, she had been on the pill but has also decided the risks are too high for her now.

I have had killer periods since I've started having them. I also have the Mirena in right now, I know a lot of people love theirs, and a lot of people hate theirs, I'm in the "love" group.. it totally took my cramps away, I had no idea my period was even coming until it came, and I usually know at least a week ahead because of the cramps. Normally I end up in bed for like 3 days a month with a hot water bottle and taking advil, pamprin, midol, t3s.. anything I can find.. none of that at all this month.. AND I had much lighter flow-- only used lightdays pads for 2 days and then used liners for 3; usually my period is sooooo much longer than that!! My fingers are crossed this keeps up..or IDK what I'll do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->