Real or BH?? .... Going nuts here!

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
I have been having some good BH all day .... Tonight they got pretty strong .... They have been every 8-10 min for the past 1-1.5 hrs.....

The top of my stomach gets tight n rock hard then it spreads towards the bottom then I feel intense cramp n pressure in my lower abdominal n whoha/bum....... A bit crampy in lower back when happening too....
How do I know ?

Normally I wouldn't put too much thought into it til I'm dying.... And clearly I know.... But I'm almosy 40 min away from the hospital , there's a snowstorm here and we got 13" today so far.... And my husband has been drinking for the Super Bowl game ..... Offffff course this would happen tonight!!!
Slightly freaking out!
Help please!
TIA :)

Real ones will stick around and will get more intense. BH wont stick around and can get better if you try different things.

What I thought were braxton hicks last week turned out to be real. They weren't painful, just the persistent tightening that i had been feeling for months. The only difference was they wouldn't go away. I timed them for 2 hours, layed down, drank water, took a bath, and still remained 5-8 minutes apart. When I got to the hospital I was 3cm dilated and they were showing up every 2-4 minutes. The got incredibly painful but they were finally able to stop them a few hours later.
So just keep an eye on things, if they persist it might be the real deal!

Ok.... Thank u so much... So far I can definitely rule out dehydration, I probably drank at least a gallon of water within the past few hrs ....I have been sitting and standing off and on equally all evening too.... I have never went into labor in my own , my first was induced, my second I was set up for induction, I woke up that morning to go to hospital and was already having contractions on my own, since I was heading there for induction I really didn't pay attention or time them.... So I feel clueless right now like it's my first!

Do they ease when you get up and walk about ? Real contractions don't ease take it from me lol was in denial city hehe xxx

I understand, with my dd my water broke so there was no question and no timing contractions.

Ok I layed down for a while .... They are sill there hit more mild when laying down, when I get up to clean or whatever they are definately stronger ..... I think ill try to go to bed and just see what happens .... Last night I was woken up from a deep sleep to a really intense and painful contraction a few times....

Good luck! At least maybe by then your hubby will have sobered up lol.

Thanks!! Haha I sure hope so.... Definitely made it clear this is his last hoorah before baby!!! He is sleeping.... Thank God! Lol now if only I can sleep... I just want to keep timing them.... But sleep would be wonderful if this is the real deal....

My OB said to take a hot shower. If that makes them worse then they're real, but if it slows them down or makes them less intense then they're BH.

Alternatively, what ive been doing is if they start i take a nap. If they wake me up from my sleep i take them seriously. Betrer safe than sorry.

Btw we're in the same boat here. A friggin blizzard out there!

Thanks, I think a hot shower is next on the list.... I can't sleep.... Now they are 3-5 min apart , painful but not excruciating ..... And avg 45 seconds long give or take..... Shouldn't they be killing me if they were real and this close? But they are pretty regular with timing which is scaring me a bit ....

How many weeks are you?
Try a bath! My midwife said if they weren't the real deal being super relaxed in a bath would help them tail off.
Best of luck 🍀 x

She's probably having her baby :) I'm sure this is labor. Good luck!

Ooooooh, it's the "is she or isn't she" in labor suspense we love. :happydance:

Whatever is happening I hope it's a happy experience!!!! Go GIRLIE!!!!

I was the same with my daughter. Had slow labour for 30 hours which were bh like contractions, eventually got more painful until they became unbearable. Good luck x

Aghhh! I fell asleep right after my post around 4:30am, just woke a few min ago.... Whyyyy don't I feel a contraction ?! It's been 5 min :/ what the heck is going on:( I'm 37 wks..... I could have sworn the timing of those had to be real! Ill never know when I'm in labor.... I'm just gonna have a baby falling out one day lol.... Think it could pick back up once I get out of bed ? Or is this another dud falsey?

Thanks so much all you wonderful ladies! Appreciate the rapid responses last night while going crazy trying to figure this out.... At least husband is sober now ;-p lucky him!!!

I also had the same a week before I went in to actual labour, it's probably your baby just preparing for labour. I'm sure it will be around the corner x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->