Really annoyed! Had my time wasted!

LeeLouClare

Reaction score
I have a hobby as such of making cakes. And my MIL taught me and got an order for a two tier wedding cake from her friend. Thing is my MIL is ill and the wedding is two days before her operation. So she asked me to do it and I'll get paid for it. Only just enough to cover the cost of making it but I was looking forward to it. So ive been staying up late to make the roses once LO is asleep. As he's very clingy at the moment and I barely get any peace with housework on top. So I've been knakered all week thinking I'll make someone happy, turns out after my MIL gave her friend a quote. She told other friends that the quote was too high and found someone who would do it for less. Thing is she's not told us till today and she found this other person a week ago and never told us! I feel insulted and my time wasted! What the hell am I gonna do with all these roses???? So angry right now and tired :( :(

how about trying to sell them on a local facebook selling page you see all sorts on there. You never know you might get an order or two from it as well.

Are the Roses sugarpaste/flowerpaste? get them sold hun, there are lots of cakey places on Facebook and of course, theres eBay

I would've asked for a deposit before i started just incase this happened hun x

Sadly your story is not unusual and many many people have come a cropper in similar situations which is why you should always take a deposit to cover the cost of ingredients or materials. You should also draw up a simply worded contract. Even with my best friends, I do this now after coming unstuck several times.
You may also want to consider removing the thread as it states you are going to be paid for it when you state you are a hobby. (don't know if you are or not, so forgive me) but In the Inland Revenues eyes there is no such thing as a hobby business and if you are receiving payment, then you are a business and should be registered with the IR. Also if you work as a food producer you need insurance and hygiene registration with the local environmental health department. The inland revenue are renowned for crawling the net looking for people who aren't registered!!!

Saw this and thought you might find it interesting
https://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?69450-Has-anyone-set-up-as-a-home-bakery-in-the-UK

Think i would be tempted to go to the church and lob them at her like confetti :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->