Really can not deal with my anxcity anymore

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
:cry: iv had anxcity for a long time, its more health anxcity im just terrified all day everyday thats something wrong with me and also having physical symptoms like the lump in my throat which isnt helping :cry: im just on edge all day thinking of the worse,, im even scared to eat due to the feeling im going to choke because the feeling that i have a lump in my throat:( im also losing sleep aswell which isnt helping my mood:cry: i have been to the doctors who just told me to go on tablets which due to the anxcity im too scared because of the side effects, iv just had enough of feeling this way:( i also have ocd constant counting and repeating stuff ,
if i get a pain in my neck are headache i think iv got a brain tumor which makes my physical symptoms worse, iv started having panic attacks again and last year one required a trip to a&e because i thought i was dying because couldnt breath, anyone else suffer from anxcity? i just dont know what to do:cry:

I used to suffer from anxiety, partly health related. Its horrible as someone not suffering has no clue how awful it is.

I think you should go and speak to your GP hun, they can refer you to a counsellor who should be able to help. I ended up paying privately for counselling as the nhs one I had I just didnt gel with at all but it was so helpful. Don't suffer in silence xx

Hi Hun hope you're okay. I don't suffer from health anxiety but I'm emetophobic (phobia of being sick) an my anxiety is really bad at the moment . Sounds like you really need to see your GP! I'd defo try meds, I was on propanolol, which has no side effects and now take sertraline, which makes me feel sick at night, but I can cope with it, as it won't last long apparently. Please seek help! And keep us updated xxx

my oh has emephobia:( i understand how horrible it is:( my oh ends up a complete wreck if he knows someones ill:( im thinking of going to see my doc this week, im just really nervous tbh:/ i have pericous anemia aswell which comes with heart paplations and every other symptom that comes with it so when im laid in bed and ma hearts pounding out of ma chest i start feeling panicky which in turn makes it worse! its such a vicious circle:/ xx

I do. :( And OCD. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can understand how you're feeling. I was recently at the doctor because I had aches and discomfort in my chest and I was terrified I could have something wrong with my heart. She checked it out, took my blood pressure then said, look your heart sounds fine and your blood pressure is great. She told me just by looking at me she can see I'm an anxious person and she's referred me to a therapist. I'll get my blood drawn and then I'll probably look for a therapist. I know I need to take action because anxiety is taking over my life so negatively too.

For me it all started out with a dry cough about a month and a half ago then the chest discomfort, feeling like my heart isn't beating properly, then problems swallowing / the lump in the throat feeling you mentioned, loss of appetite, head numbness, lower back pain and neck pain and feeling like I'm having an adrenaline rush often. I'm constantly worried I could have a terrible disease. It's horrible and really affects the quality of my life. I can't remember the last time I felt relaxed and happy.

I understand your reluctance to take meds. I feel the same. That's why the best option for us is seeing a therapist I believe. So, you're not alone. Wishing you all the very best. Hope we can overcome this.

thankyou for replying ladies,,, iv also had my heart checked due to pain:/ there so many physical symptoms not just phycological its such a hard thing to live with:/ i cant remeber the last time i felt happy and well:( im feeling even more anxious and my minds in overdrive atm because im getting ready to move house ontop of having a 4,3 and 6 month old! no doubt this will end in a huge panic attack:( the ocd is also taking its toll on me lately:/ and then getting my lil boy in the docs because his teachers have concerns about his health also its just too much atm:(

Aww Hun ha is bloody awful I also suffer ( though going through a good spot )

Lump in throat sensation had me in bits about a year ago but honestly it really is anxiety related..google "gerd"

On,y advise I can give is when ur worried about something, don't worry for mths go to the docs get ur mind put at ease. Also think of all them times you've been wrong and tell yourself how sure then you was u had a life threatening disease, it turned out fine then

Nomorepanic is great website for health anxiety xx

:hugs: I also am suffering from anxiety going through a rough patch at the minute :hugs: It's not nice at all.

I am on meds for my anxiety if it wasnt for them i would be a mess. I would go see ur gp

I'm the same (apart from the eating bit) it's driving me mad I'm always worried about a brain tumour or cancer :( x

I clicked on this randomly and I'm so glad I did.
I'm going through this at the moment, I've got severe health anxiety and feel like no one understands.
It's nice to know I'm not on my own!

Mine comes and goes, but when it's bad it's really bad and I actually convince myself I'm gonna die and have full on anxiety attacks

In the process of having cognitive behavioural therapy!
Anyone have any tips on how to stay calm? :(

Hi :)

I could have written your post word or word a little while ago. I just want to say, it will get better.

The best advice I could give to you, is get angry with the anxiety.
The time you spend about dying, could be time spent with your loved ones.

Your mind is a very powerful thing!
You think you have a brain tumour, the headache will get worse. Which then can give you a worse headache as your tense, feeling ill, cant relax and are on edge. Its a vicious circle!!

I am on anti depressants, waiting for my first session of CBT. And although I never wanted to go on tablets, they truly are helping.

In the past, I have had councilling sessions and they also helped me. I learnt that the reason I have these anxieties was because I had separation anxiety, and as soon as I confronted that, and dealt with that my anxieties got a lot better, until a few months ago. But now they are back, I recognised it fast, got help fast and don't feel so down.

You will feel "normal" soon.
You will get stronger from having this blip xx

Yeah your so right!
But it's hard to think like that when your in the moment :(
I've felt like this for a long time now :(

It's like I've just got over a chest infection, now I have a pain in my chest. My logical mind is saying that it's just a muscle but the irrational thoughts are telling me that it's something really bad and that I'm gonna die. The more I fret the worse I'm feeling, the more I've put myself into the situation that I could die.

I feel so silly, I should be living not being afraid of dying every second of the day :/

I'm just scared of leaving my little girl and I think that's all it comes down too.

What do you mean separation anxiety? From your own childhood?

Thank you for talking means more than you could imagine! <3

so glad im not alone with this,, tbh mines getting alot worse, i think its due to the stresses of moving, i also panic when my kids are ill and think of the worse:( i repeat stuff in my head alot,, and out loud which people have started to pick up on which is embarrasing:( ,, like i have mastitis atm and a painful lump in ma breast and been thinking its the c word:( i just cant rid these thoughts:(:(,, if i hear a beap in my hear i think im going crazy, if im eating and abit gets stuck in my throat i feel like im guna choke, if i get a pain in my neck i worry i have a tumour, tbh im on edge all day long, cant remeber the last time i enjoyed life and no one understands me i hate my life atm:cry:

Your definitely not alone hun.
I'm exactly the same as you, I constantly need reasurrance that I'm okay, but I never go to the doctors because I'm scared they will tell me it's terminal.

(Even writing that made me realise I'm being silly)

But the good thing is we've noticed that it's not "normal" which in theory doesn't make us crazy!

How long have you felt like this?

Ps I had a lump on my boob when I was Breastfeeding, turns out it was a blocked milk duct :)
Xo

iv had anxcity from aslong as i can remeber :(
as i grew up i got over it but as soon as i had my first lil boy it came flooding back:( i just cant seem to just relax, my minds in constant over drive:( i always feel like im going mad:( i think it started when my mum had a nervous breakdown and was diagnosed with scitzerfrenia i worried so much that id get it too:/ maybe that played a big part in it:/ im also having alot of physical symptoms as i mentioned the constant lump feeling, the fast heartbeat:( these symptoms make the anxcity 10x worse its such a hard and horrible thing to live with and no one can understand unless they have it themselfs:(x any of u have whatsapp?x

Hi I'm the same put off going to the drs which scares me incase there is something wrong and I ignore it. There's times when I think right I'll go but they will probably think I'm crazy as I'll go thinking I have all sorts wrong with me. :blush:

I don't have whatsapp but will have a look at downloading it :)

I've had anxiety for a year now. Since I had a bleed at 28 weeks pregnant.

My mum is a worrier, about everything. And she's spent my whole life telling me how this and that is dangerous and I should be scared of this and that.

Now I have my own child I've put so much pressure on myself to not be like her that I'm turning into her. And that's not the life I want for my little girl! She deserves the world :)

I have good days and bad days, but a bad day like today with my chest pain I feel as though I'm gonna die. I just wanna snap out of this mindset and I am determined to do so :)!

I couldn't imagine feeling like this for as long as you. Your so strong! :)

We can all help each other!
Never admit defeat :)

xo

It really is a relief im not the only one:( its just really taken over my life now:( i just worry all day, after xmas im going to bite the bullet and go and see my doctor because its now making me snappy:( i just want to feel normal:( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->