Really can not deal with my anxcity anymore

Yes do it! :) you will feel so much better.

I'm not sure where your from but I live in England and we have this thing called "talking change" which is basically a counselling service.
I plucked up the courage to contact them and it's the best thing I've ever done, can't ajar to start.

Your not alone :)
Do you have Facebook?
xo

im also in england il check that up:) i dont have facebook,, i do have kik messenger & whatsapp? id love some counciling tbh so defo going to sort ma self out after xmas!:) really really dont want antidepressents though:(xxx

Stay strong! I've got really bad over the past few weeks, and have started a dose of sertraline. It's honestly not so bad! The side effects for the first week weren't nice, but now they've worn off, they're okay. Don't rule them out :)

You can fill the application out online :)
Then they contact you!
Here's the link :)

https://www.talkingchange.org.uk/help/index.htm

:)

:hugs:

I'm waiting on CBT at the moment for anxiety among other things! It's awful, I hate it so much. I feel like a massive hypochondriac because if I hear of someone who's ill, I'm suddenly getting symptoms. Since reading the thread about smears I've had a water infection and convinced myself I have cervical cancer. Right now I have a pain in my right kidney and I can't stop thinking that it's going to burst and kill me :wacko:
I once read that pain in the jaw can be a sign of heart disease and now every single time I get a toothache I have a panic attack :dohh:
I feel like I live at the doctor's! Just mundane things that you wouldn't even notice I think it's a sign I'm going to die. One time I had a mega attack at my mum's house and I thought I wasn't breathing, I kept saying "I'm going to die, look at me I'm not breathing!". It didn't even help to convince me when my sister pointed out that I was sat right infront of her, talking away, perfectly conscious :dohh:
It's really taking over my life.

Hope you manage to get help :hugs:

I've been there hun, so many times your not on your own!
I just wish I knew what caused it :/

How is everyone feeling now?

still the same here:( going to register at a new docs tmorow so will see someone:/ hows u?xx

Hope you're okay! My emetophobia is getting a lot worse and I'm constantly worried that I've caught a stomach bug or got food poisoning. It's exhausting! Really feel for you xxxx

I had this until 2007, but I can control it now.
I had a terrible fear of eating in front of people, and it would often make me sick, so that obviously made it worse.
I also had a terrible fear of needles - having a blood test would result in a panic attack, I would pass out then wake and be sick, I'd be a wreck for days afterwards too. I have a chronic illness, meaning I have to spend time in hospital on a drip sometimes. After a particularly bad session in hospital, where I cried hysterical/passed out/threw up for 10 days, I decided I had to do something because the fear of getting I'll again was actually MAKING me ill!
I tried my GP, who suggested antidepressants, as they always do, and I said no.
Long story short, I did some research and decided that a hypnotherapist who also combined CBT with her sessions might work for me.
She charged me £180 for 6 sessions, and its the best money I spent in my life, worth foregoing that years summer holiday! I still use the techniques she taught me now, and have since had two kids (involving lots of needles/IV - I got through it!) I still don't really like needles, but I can go to a phlebotomist and have blood taken, have a sit in a quiet place for five minutes and practice my techniques then happily get up and drive home and get on with my day.
Something for you to consider - it doesn't work for everyone but it has changed my life for the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->