really concerned about swabs

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
im booked in for swab tests today to check for any sort of infections.
im really worried!
i have had what my doctor said was a water infection TWICE since ive been pregnant, and been treated with two different types of antibiotics.

however, since the start of my pregnancy ive had quite a nasty smelling creamy yellowish discharge that i really dont like... i explained this at my previous doctors visits and he said it was probably because of my water infection, this didnt go away with the antibiotics but the pain did.

so anyway today im getting swabs to rule out anything else, and get treatment for whatever it is, but im scared!
what if i have got something disgusting?
i dont see HOW i could have anything sexually transmitted as i have had swabs before pregnancy and was clear, and OH was too.

IF i have got anything, at all, be it sexually transmitted or not,
will it have harmed my baby?

what infections are dangerous during pregnancy and why? :shrug:
im worried x

the only infections that are really bad are the big stds and the rare listeria stuff. yours sounds like Bacterial vaginosis which is treatable and rarely affects baby if its treated. i've had thrush due to antibiotics and had a yellow green discharge which was scary but again treatable. could be your antibiotics caused whatever you had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->