Really confused, need help

Layla

Reaction score
Hi,

I had to have a scan today, just got back, as i was reading through my notes on teh way home i noticed all my scan mesurements.

On my 12 week scan pic it says 12.4cm but on the scan report in my notes it says CRL 47mm

on the scan i had today it says BPD 32.5mm

So has the baby got smaller??

At the scan today the lady said im messureing 16 weeks so im spot on. its all so confusing!

I dont understand all the messurements now atall coz they are all so diffrent, anyone know what CRL and BPD stands for?

Im seeing my midwife again on friday so im going to ask all about it then, but its anyone can give me the heads up before hand that will be great.

Im really confused about th hole thing and a little worried :(

Thanks

x

CRL is crown rump length I think, though given that measurement I think they might have recorded it wrong, and BPD is biparietal diameter (diameter of head)

This has average BPD measurments on so your baby is the size it should be clicky

found this hun, should be of some help
https://www.baby-greenhouse.co.uk/article_medical_terms.php

CRL= Crown Rump Length
BPD=Bi parietal diameter. One side of the head to the other (ear to ear direction)

Hi,

I had to have a scan today, just got back, as i was reading through my notes on teh way home i noticed all my scan mesurements.

On my 12 week scan pic it says 12.4cm but on the scan report in my notes it says CRL 47mm

on the scan i had today it says BPD 32.5mm

So has the baby got smaller??

At the scan today the lady said im messureing 16 weeks so im spot on. its all so confusing!

I dont understand all the messurements now atall coz they are all so diffrent, anyone know what CRL and BPD stands for?

Im seeing my midwife again on friday so im going to ask all about it then, but its anyone can give me the heads up before hand that will be great.

Im really confused about th hole thing and a little worried :(

Thanks

x

Layla CRL is Crown to Rump length measurement, which is basically head to bum. They tend to measure this in early pregnancy (up to 13 weeks) rather than the BPD. BPD is Biparital Diameter. Its a head measurement that is the standard against which other parameters of gestational age assessment are compared.

im still confused, what was the 12.4cm thing?

And going on the messurements on todays scan so you tyhink things are normal?

Sorry, i know you have posted already but im not very bright when it comes to numbers, need it explained more :(

x

Layla the CRL at your 12 week scan of 47mm sounds about right to me. They stop measuring CRL after 13 weeks, so you wouldn't have had a CRL measurement toda to compare it to.

I think the 12.4cm (124mm) measurement refers to the size of the gestational sac.

Your BPD measurement today was fine. Mine was 44.4mm at 20weeks, so everything is on track!

ok thanks, so todays messurements of BPD 32.5mm, is that ok do you think?

Sorry for all teh questions, im just worried the baby isnt growing right, i still havent put on any weight and i can still fit in my normal clothes, i have got maternity things but i dont really need to wear them right now.

She also said today that she thinks the baby is a boy, she said its slightly to early to tell but if she had to say one then she thinks boy

x

Hope you're ok Layla, it's hard to make sense of all the measurements and terms if they don't explain them!

If the sonographer said you're measuring 16wks then, along with the girl's answers above about the actual measurements, it sounds like everything is going well and totally spot on for dates.

Was your scan for reassurance as you're concerned about not putting on weight?

thanks guys, i feel a bit clamer aqbout it now, still not 100% tho.

Lucy, my scan was coz i was getting a pinkish discharge when i went to the loo, it wasnt constant, just now and again. they cant tell me why or where its coming from, just that everything is ok.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"